As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The Security Supervisor is also responsible for monitoring the electronic surveillance equipment used on the premises. Each day the supervisor assigns areas for officers to patrol and presents a list of potential problems officers should be on the lookout for. If someone is caught trespassing or committing another crime, the supervisor oversees the transfer of the accused person to the custody of local law enforcement personnel. The supervisor works with staff to develop safety plans for the buildings he monitors. They leads periodic safety drills for employees and patrons in the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Acts in the role of dispatcher during product deliveries as needed.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms and/or contacting the proper authorities.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities by monitoring internal and external operations via CCTV, informing violators of policy and procedures, reporting trespassers to local authorities.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls, including controlling visitor access.
- Maintains Company’s stability and reputation by enforcing and complying with company policies and legal requirements.
- Reports all facility safety and security issues to management.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treating everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols & procedures
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses
- Recruit, train and supervise security officers to include, but not limited to disciplinary actions
- Investigate and resolve issues
- Review all incident & security reports
- Schedule Writing
- Performance coaching and annual reviews
- Security company liasion
- Weekly safety & security walkthroughs
- Facility Health & Safety systems management
- OSHA Compliance
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Security Supervision experience required
- Multitasking experience strongly required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook Email.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Strong attention to detail and situational awareness.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Familiar with operation and monitoring of security cameras and access systems
- High school diploma/GED required
- Equivalent combination of work/education experience accepted
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 10 years of physical security management experience in corporate, retail and manufacturing environments.
- 8-10 years of integrated electronic security equipment such as burglar alarm systems with a strong concentration on card access and CCTV systems.
- Strong administrative experience with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Manages department within a function with authority to hire/terminate.
Regularly works in outside conditions that included inclement weather, heat and humidity.
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Must be able to work flexible days/times. Working alternative shifts, weekend days and past business hours are required sometimes with little notice.
Must be able to constantly remain in a stationary position in the security booth or in company vehicle.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move about the inside and outside of the facility.
Constantly operates a CCTV system, computer and other equipment such as a cell phone and GPS.
The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, visitors and vendors regarding security procedures. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Frequently lifts, loads, unloads, moves, positions and transports items up to 50 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.**
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.