As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The Security Guard is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the staff, guests, vendors and premises of the facilities. Additionally, the Security Guard will assist as needed with the delivery of company products via company vehicles either as a driver or passenger.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Makes secure/monitored deliveries from company dispensaries and other customer locations as needed.
- Acts in the role of dispatcher during product deliveries as needed.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms and/or contacting the proper authorities.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities by monitoring internal and external operations via CCTV, informing violators of policy and procedures, reporting trespassers to local authorities.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls, including controlling visitor access.
- Become familiar with the state cannabis regulations.
- Maintains Company’s stability and reputation by enforcing and complying with company policies and legal requirements.
- Reports all facility safety and security issues to management.
- Assists in fostering a positive work environment, treating everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required.
- Multitasking experience strongly required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook Email.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Must stay current and adhere to all policies and regulations of the state cannabis agencies.
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agencies.
- Able to pass all background checks/fingerprinting as required by state cannabis agencies.
- Able to provide valid badging/credentials as required by state cannabis agencies.
- Able to accommodate scheduling that may include varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Strong attention to detail and situational awareness.
- High school diploma/GED required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous employment in driving and/or security preferred.
- Familiar with operating and monitoring of security cameras and access systems.
Regularly works in outside conditions that included inclement weather, heat and humidity.
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Must be able to work flexible days/times. Working alternative shifts, weekend days and past business hours are required sometimes with little notice.
Must be able to constantly remain in a stationary position in the security booth or in company vehicle.
- The person in this position needs to frequently move about the inside and outside of the facility.
- Constantly operates a CCTV system, computer and other equipment such as a cell phone and GPS.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, visitors and vendors regarding security procedures. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Frequently lifts, loads, unloads, moves, positions and transports items up to 50 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.**
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.