Job Title: Security and Transportation Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: Shamokin Dam, PA
The Security and Transportation Manager is responsible for overseeing the safe, secure, and compliant operation across the PA Insa facility and PA Dispensaries . This includes all aspects of the Asset Protection function, such as maintaining restricted access, camera and alarm systems, incident reporting and investigation, and emergency response. This person also oversees the secure transport of wholesale and inter-facility deliveries and ensuring that the Company is meeting all requirements under state and federal transportation laws and regulations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversees guard shack, front entrance and other restricted access points including assignment and restriction of door access cards; organizing vendor escorts, inspections, and facility tours following visitor SOPs; and monitoring of limited access areas
- Coordinates wholesale and inter-facility deliveries, including scheduling, loading/unloading, plotting randomized driving routes, scheduling vehicle/fleet inspections and maintenance, and ensuring paperwork is accurate, compliant, retained, and forwarded to Accounts Receivable
- Manages the Asset Protection and transportation teams, including assigning work schedules, setting KPIs, providing training and coaching opportunities, and providing accountability and performance management
- Plans and implements yearly driver training in accordance with DOT and FMCSA regulations
- Maintains driver safety scores, compliant files/records, efficient use of Hours of Service and processes DOT related documents such as policies, CSA, and MVR.
- Reviews drivers score cards and Driver Vehicle Inspections Reports (DVIR)
- Partners with Retail Merchandising & Store Experience team to oversee customer control measures including creating storefront layout, assisting in traffic control planning, and monitoring storefront capacity
- Manages the emergency response, including inclement weather planning, responding to alarm activation, documenting emergency response calls, and ensuring emergency cell phone is monitored during all operating hours
- Ensures all entryways and exits are clear of obstruction
- Monitors and troubleshoots camera system including ensuring all cameras are operational and unobstructed, contacting third party vendors to provide service, and performing daily footage monitoring
- Prepares and/or assists management with the preparation of incident reports; assists with incident investigation through video footage as needed
- Ensures compliant disposal of all cannabis waste product and retains documentation
- Assists Director of EHS with providing general and fire safety training to employees and preparing fire drills, including coordinating with local fire department; maintains fire extinguishers in accordance with inspection schedule
- Willing and able to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evening, weekend, and holiday work
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma required or GED
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar or equivalent role required, cannabis industry experience highly valued
- At least 3 years of previous leadership experience required
- Proficiency in Office 365 required
- Expert knowledge of state cannabis regulations required
- Knowledge of DOT regulations required
- High attention to detail and compliance mindset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for at least 8 hours
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, crouch in order to access product
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to sit at a desk for at least 8 hours
- Ability to climb in and out of Vans, Tractors, and Trailers
- Visual acuity needed for viewing screens and fine print
- Consistent moderate background noise level due to HVAC
- Frequent exposure to external weather conditions including sun, heat, cold, wind, and rain
- Frequent exposure to cannabis odor; occasional exposure to plant particulate matter, to which some individuals may be allergic, whether through inhalation or skin contact (PPE provided)
Coordination - Ability to effectively coordinate multiple components of an event, process, or project. Ensures efforts are not duplicated, materials are available, staffing is sufficient, schedules are followed, deadlines are met, time and resources are not wasted, information is communicated between parties, and goals are achieved. Able to manage unexpected problems quickly and appropriately.
Safety – Ability to ensure safety standards and procedures are followed and accidents are avoided. Demonstrated emphasis on creating and maintaining a safe work environment.
Scheduling - Ability to identify and prioritize needs, establish, and monitor timelines, and ensure effective results, optimal cost management, and timely performance of tasks. Demonstrated skill in coordinating flow of information, work, and materials.
Vendor Relations – Ability to conduct professional business relationships with department managers, vendors, third parties responsible for compliance oversight, and stakeholders.
Transportation – Ability to ensure that the company is up to date with today’s transportation, distribution, and logistics workforce in accordance with DOT.