HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Built as a strain database more than a decade ago, Leafly has played a critical role in destigmatizing cannabis use and helping consumers understand the power the plant can play in their own lives. We’ve parlayed our strains expertise to become the largest legal cannabis marketplace in the U.S market. We have 100 million people visiting our site each year, to buy cannabis from their local dispensary to be picked up or delivered to their home. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
A Salesforce Developer deploys software to improve business operations. This includes writing SalesForce software using Apex code and Salesforce administration tools; working with Python and SQL within our ETL and Data Warehouse systems; and integrating services via HTTP APIs. As a Business Technology Developer, your responsibilities will include designing, building, and maintaining process flows, data integrations, alerting, and automations.
At Leafly, we recognize our Business Platform team as essential to our success and ability to scale. We apply the same engineering rigor to our business technology as we do to our product development. In this role, you will be part of a Business and Finance Technology team building and operating the technology platform to support all parts of business operations: sales, marketing, finance, and business development. You will participate in solution design, implementation, and support. You will utilize and improve our DevOps tooling, including source control strategies, continuous-integration, and change management.
This role will involve working within several different technologies and platforms. Our solution space is very wide and includes off-the-shelf and custom Salesforce, SaaS tools, ETL systems, data warehouses, and custom Ruby/Node apps deployed into our Kubernetes infrastructure. The ideal candidate need not be an expert in all of these systems, but should be prepared to learn and leverage them when appropriate.
This role will involve working with several distinct stakeholders: executives, sales, finance and accounting, business intelligence, product development, marketing, data science, and others
- Participate in the full application life cycle - architect, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Interact directly with stakeholders and system architects to build appropriate and cohesive solutions.
- Design, develop and integrate Salesforce apps and components in Apex and via the Admin UI
- Develop proofs of concept as needed during the design and requirements phase to evaluate products and integration strategies
- You have a good understanding of the Salesforce architecture in terms of data model, integration patterns and design patterns.
- Experience writing scalable, reusable code with well written unit tests.
- Validate application code against unit tests, security tests, and profiling tools
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during various stages of project delivery, including during the deployment and implementation of the solution in production environments
- Collaborate with sales, software engineers and data engineers through the entire software development process to deliver tools and features
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related major
- 3-5 years of experience in software development, with some exposure to Salesforce development
- Strong systems integration skills - Appreciation of data synchronization concerns
- Experience with an object oriented programming language (Java, Python, Apex, Ruby, or similar)
- Experience architecting and developing technical solutions in the Salesforce platform.
- Familiarity with SQL variants, particularly Postgres and Snowflake.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and interested in designing solutions with a wide variety of tools
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, complex, and changing environment.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. Prior cannabis convictions are not an automatic disqualifier. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.