As Retention Marketing Manager, you’ll report to Amuse’s Senior Director of Retention and be responsible for supporting our Email, SMS and Push Notification strategies. With a mobile-first mindset, you will execute an integrated and cohesive CRM program that drives retention, customer activation, referrals and mobile app adoption. You will drive innovation and results by leveraging A/B testing.
Here's What You'll Do
- Leverage your deep understanding of CRM best practices to help establish Amuse’s CRM function, leading the end-to-end process from campaign development to technical implementation, in partnership with external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Build and contribute ideas for our lifecycle strategy aimed at engaging and retaining users via email, SMS, and push notifications.
- Oversee CRM Operations, including the interconnection with data warehouse/customer data platforms via internal and external partners
- Manage the full outbound communication journey for new and existing users across email, SMS , and push.
- Develop and execute A/B experiments across channels
- Use HTML and CSS to redesign and code out templates on a frequent basis.
- Execute all aspects of the email deployment process from pulling segmentation audiences, uploading content, QA, launch, and monitoring campaigns.
- Track and report back on channel performance, including maintaining a calendar and establishing performance benchmarks and KPIs
- Troubleshoot technical issues (source code, etc.) within e-mail templates.
- Experience with content development is a plus.
- Comfortable with light graphic design and/or photo editing.
- Utilize Google Analytics and Data Visualization tools to understand CRM performance and recommend improvements to campaigns and triggers to achieve goals.
- 5+ years of CRM and/or consumer lifecycle marketing experience with proven growth results
- 2+ years of experience working with marketing tech: partnering closely with Data and Product teams along with CRM vendors - e.g. Klaviyo, JIRA, Magento.
- Proven experience building multi-channel experiments and test designs
- Experience with Klaviyo or similar platform
- Excellent writer, especially in short form (email copy & SMS copy, headlines, push notification copy etc.)
- Strong quantitative skills including using basic statistical analysis
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Understands the principles of responsive HTML emails, templates and landing pages
- Familiar with push marketing strategies and mobile usability principles
Amuse is an e-commerce cannabis delivery business that is reinventing the way consumers order and consume cannabis. Our mission is to provide a convenient cannabis buying and delivery experience that people can trust. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced e-commerce operators from companies including Amazon, Uber, Nike, MedMen, Disney, Weedmaps, Target and more, and we are looking to bring trust, reliability and customer obsession to an industry that, for the most part, lacks all of the above. We’re well-funded and backed by some of the most influential businesses and individuals in cannabis. Sounds like fun? Come join our team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job‐related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.