Quality Control Technician
Key Success Factors:
- Perform each task to the best of your ability & training
- Able to communicate effectively in fast paced, loud environments.
- Follow all company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maintain compliance with Health
Canada and other regulatory bodies.
- Able to work flexible shift hours with the open availability to change.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or key leaders.
- Effective Communication
- Commercial Awareness
- Understanding of sampling protocol, sampling plans, test methodology, test limitation, validation and risk assessment analysis
Experience with data collection, input & analysis is preferred.
To achieve our Mission to craft cannabis product consumers love, at affordable prices for daily smokers by a team of dedicated people who are excited to come to work while keeping teams aligned with our
TEAMWORK: We win and lose as a team. Everyone on the team earns their place & is worthy of cooperation, communication, empathy & respect
- Responsible for working with team members to meet team & individual goals
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures that comply with applicable regulations
- Help ensure a safe, injury/accident free workplace
- Do the right thing
EXCELLENCE: We do our best today, knowing we need to do better tomorrow because there is always room for improvement. We expect the best from ourselves because our customers won’t accept anything less
- Do each task to the best of your ability & training
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves to the highest standards as individuals and as a team. We expect others to do the same. We always do the right thing, even when it's hard. We celebrate wins & we learn from losses.
- Communicate production issues that have potential to affect quality or schedule compliance to appropriate Operations Frontline Manager
- Be honest about mistakes & failures, so we can work as a team to improve
- Dedication to achieving company mission while upholding organizational values
- Attend work on time as scheduled
- Perform all operational tasks in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform in-process control monitoring such as swabbing equipment and rooms for micro contamination, water testing, air quality testing, environmental control verification, equipment calibration, pest control
- Track and analyse all test results to determine process effectiveness and optimization
- Inspection of in process and finished product
- Preparation of lot release reports
- Preparation of cannabis samples to be transferred to approved 3rd party testing laboratories
- Identify non-conformities, determine appropriate corrective and preventive action
- Assist with all laboratory tasks, laboratory equipment management, method validations, microbiology, cannabinoid potency, moisture analysis, foreign material inspection
- Assist in authoring and updating Standard Operating Procedures to support Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ensure all documentation and processes are approved by the Quality Assurance Person
- Assist with quality investigations when required
- Maintain understanding of all procedures and applicable regulations
- Support Health Canada Inspections
MEANING: Our work is important to our customers, stakeholders & each team member. Every team member’s contribution is essential to our success.
- Responsible for ensuring team members understand the importance and value of their work
- Assist broader management team with communicating our mission and values to team members to improve engagement & alignment
Other duties may be assigned from time-to-time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Daily screening and temperature check upon entering facility. Mask, Face Shield, scrubs and gloves required. Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of common areas.