At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager the Quality Control Technician will be responsible for ensuring consistent and high-quality operation of Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) system for harvest, post-harvest processing and crop storage and shipping. Hours may require shift work and long days.
- Quality Control - Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) execution:
- In-process Testing
- Finished Product Testing
- Test data documentation and interpretation
- Communication with Operations Manager to meet process specifications
- Collecting & filing process data log sheets
- Electronic data entry of product tracking data
- Quality Assurance - Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) execution
- Verifying that operators follow SOPs
- Equipment inspection at QA risk points
- Verifying correct & complete use of log sheets
- Ensuring sufficient QC supplies present at all stations.
- Use basic problem-solving skills to ensure smooth work flow
- Implement processes and training as required by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Other tasks within the Quality Department as required
- College diploma in Microbiology, Food Science, Pharmaceutical Science, or a related discipline – university degree is an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Experience with document management
- Experience authoring or editing technical documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or other protocols
- Experience in audits / inspections is an asset
- Knowledge: ACMPR Good Production Practices; Good Manufacturing Practices; Good Laboratory Practices, Quality Control principles
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Comfortable using SharePoint or equivalent
- Self-directed individual and ability to work independently
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance a variety of projects simultaneously
- Fast learner who wants to work in a fast-paced environment
This is a full-time position based out of the location near Scarborough, Ontario, Canada.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.