The Plant Labs is a rapidly growing company in the cannabis industry seeking to hire a Quality Control/Quality Assurance Manager in Desert Hot Springs, CA.
We work to the highest standards to maximize product quality and manufacturing throughput. Our emphasis on both teamwork and individual contribution fosters innovation and professional growth.
QA/QC Manager Job Summary:
The Quality QA/QC) Manager will oversee the activity of the quality assurance department and staff. They will develop, implement, and maintain quality systems, SOPs and testing programs for The Plant’s products and processes. We are looking for a reliable QA/QC manager to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met before our product reaches our customers. You will be responsible for inspecting processes, procedures and outputs and identifying mistakes, non-conformity issues, and determining corrective actions and implementing preventative measures and controls.
Our ideal candidate is attentive to detail and has the ability to understand regulations and develop and implement quality systems pertaining to cannabis and non-cannabis activities. Our goal is to assure the highest quality for our operations and services supporting long-term success of our business in a competitive market..
- Hires and trains quality assurance/quality control staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Develops, implements, and manages QA/QC systems and processes to ensure that products (both bulk and finished goods) meet required specifications for quality, client expectations, and regulatory conformity prior to pickup or delivery.
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards, specifications, and documentation control for products and processes.
- Works with Operations to recommend tenant improvements pertaining to quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Communicates quality standards and parameters to QA team, R&D team, and other appropriate staff.
- Coordinates product testing processes.
- Participates in product testing with R&D.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Reviews client, customer, and user feedback.
- Maintains compliance with state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Honest, transparent with a desire to always do what is right for the consumer
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google, SAP or related software.
- Self Starter attitude and ability to adapt quickly and work with ambiguity to establish systems and controls
- Fast paced learner with desire to work in startup environment
- Desire to take ownership of systems and implementation process
- Ability to communicate department needs and plans clearly with management and ownership
- Cannabis Experience a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, or related field
- Three to five years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control required with supervisory experience a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Do you have a completed livescan for Desert Hot Springs cannabis compliance?
- If offered the position, when could you start?
- Quality Assurance Manager: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality Control Manager: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location