As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
As the Quality Control Manager, the purpose of the role is to become the guardian of product quality. The scope is to monitor the cultivation, processing, and dispensary operations to ensure quality output to our customers/patients, adherence to quality standards, applicable regulatory requirements, and internal procedures. The job exists to ensure that the appropriate Quality Management Systems are in place to drive proactive and corrective actions necessary to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our products and processes. The individual will develop and conduct training programs for employees at multiple cultivation, lab and manufacturing locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confers with management to gain knowledge of work situation requiring training for employees to better understand changes in quality policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Ensures effective root cause investigation of all escalated quality incidents at the facility. Ensure the facility has an effective root cause investigation process for non-escalated quality incidents and ensures follow-up is completed.
- Formulates cannabis teaching outline and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Monitors the introduction and documentation (i.e., SOP’s) of new products to the processing and packaging operations.
- Develops and implements company-wide product safety and sanitation programs, policies and practices related to microbiological issues or processing lethality based on audit results. Engages cultivation and processing staff to ensure successful program adoption.
- Create the vendor assurance program to monitor the quality of materials and products that are purchased in the wholesale market including the creation of specifications and COA’s.
- Ensures the facility is following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in the cultivation and processing areas to maintain compliance with MMCC and banking audits.
- Conduct random internal audits using the S2S/Metrc system to ensure inventory compliance and traceability requirements.
- Other duties as required or needed to assist company in meeting goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred plus 1-2 years’ experience in similar role or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be able to work flexible shifts
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the Cannabis industry
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- You will regard quality as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to quality practices, policies, and procedures.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must not have been convicted of any felony offenses pursuant to state statutes
- Attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or field related preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – describe the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform essential functions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with employees and all staff
This person may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree. This person will be traveling between dispensaries and manufacturing facilities within AYR Wellness.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 25lbs
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time (I.e. gloves, lab coat, hair net)
- Appropriate grooming for work environment (no jewelry, hair must be tied back, no hair outside of PPE)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.