The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Auditor to join our Inventory Management team. The Quality Assurance Auditor will support the quality assurance programs for vendor qualification and ensure compliance to both regulatory and OCS requirements. The QA Auditor will monitor and advise the performance of the OCS vendors, produce data and measure quality metrics against OCS standards.
The QA Auditor will use their knowledge of regulatory guidelines, corporate standards, and industry best practices to perform quality audits, conduct risk assessments/inspections, review technical documentation, and analyze risk-based trends. and will also establish and maintain quality standards and procedures that will enhance OCS, vendor, and private retailer success.
About Your Day
- Represent OCS in communicating quality standards and regulatory compliance requirements to OCS vendors at vendor sites and through remote communication process
- Provide quality assurance and technical expertise to cross-functional department in an objective and professional manner to enforce and adhere to OCS quality expectations
- Communicate vendor and product OCS quality metrics for Vendor Management initiatives to report any potential risks and quantify impact to OCS business
- Support the development and execution of Vendor Compliance Programs as determined by Departmental Objectives
- Verifying supplier processes, procedures, and systems to ensure adherence and recommendation to regulatory and OCS standards
- Document findings for audit reports, CAPA and vendor compliance activities which may pose risk to product quality and safety
- Timely reporting of audit reports, audit metrics and summaries with escalations as needed
- Engage with OCS vendors to increase awareness and maintain conformance of quality and safety requirements
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams for supplier onboarding processes
- Review and maintain records of reported quality incidents and investigation reports
- Track quality metrics/performance data, identify trends, gaps and provide recommendations for improvement
- Perform data analysis to identify trends, gaps and recommend updates/ changes to quality standards and procedures as needed
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Develop and monitor continuous improvements program for OCS vendors
- Gather insights from data such as regulatory compliance, Quality operations and consumer complaints to drive audit and improvement opportunities
- Analyze audit data to identify trends and generate Quality Performance Reports
- Assist with Quality tasks such as SOP, process development, training, and cross functional support
- Maintain knowledge of new and upcoming regulations/guidelines from Health Canada
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science or equivalent education or experience in related studies
- 1-2 years of experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control within a food or pharmaceutical and/or Cannabis manufacturing environment
- Training, experience, and technical knowledge related to the requirements of the Cannabis Regulations and related Regulations for all classes of cannabis
- Experience in a regulated industry, manufacturing operations, cross-functional such as regulatory affairs, category management, retail supply chain, customer care, and government agencies
- Experience with both hosting and performing QA audits
- Excellent interpersonal, technical and communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
- Required Travel: Yes, within the GTA
- Application Deadline: June 20, 2022, at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.