Dreamfields is one of the top 5 cannabis companies in the industry through our leading #1 pre-roll brand, Jeeter. The company is very passionate about producing world class marketing, high quality, innovative products, delivering unprecedented customer experiences, having cutting-edge operations and having an amazing company culture & thriving work environment. With over 500+ employees we are proud to be one of the most loved employers in the industry.
Headquartered near Palm Springs, CA the company continues to experience exponential month over month growth as one of the fastest growing companies in the cannabis industry and we have begun our aggressive national expansion to all the legalized cannabis states in the USA. The company is currently expanding and building a 130,000 sqft state of the art facility to meet the demands of the California market and setting up new territories & facilities nationwide.
The QA manager is responsible for leading and managing the site QA team in order to assure the production of high quality, safe and legally compliant products that meet the desired product design and customer expectations. This position is responsible for providing governance of the Food Safety and Quality Management System and lead the implementation of the Dreamfields standards at the production facility. The QA manager represents the QA function at the local plant level and is expected to lead continuous improvement on Food Safety and Quality Assurance.
Other General responsibilities include following the facility GMPs and help enforce policies throughout the facility, support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs, Willingness to work nights, holidays, and/or weekends as needed
- Coach, train and develop QA personnel to drive a higher performance level
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that all QA personnel are properly trained to perform job function, as well as possess in-depth knowledge of quality principles
- Manage QA department staffing in alignment with budget
- Support the development of a talent pipeline for QA at the site level
- Partner effectively with other departments to improve quality Site QA projects and priorities
Site QA projects and priorities:
- Lead the QA agenda at the site, challenging facility management team where necessary to ensure wholesome products that meet standards as set out by Dreamfields
- Lead and support Dreamfields and SQF standards implementation at the site and drive the appropriate QA mindset and behavior
- Sustain efficient quality management system, in compliance to DCC, and Dreamfields standards, including training programs.
- Accountable for site QA review and approval of new products, QA risk assessments and change managemen
- Serve as on-site auditor for process oversite; partners with the plant management team to develop necessary corrective and preventive action plans
Strategy for improvements of QA objectives:
- Lead QA Strategy Deployment at the site, delivering against key metrics reflected in the company business objectives
- Utilize internal and external (customer reported) quality data to identify and execute improvement opportunities for QA Department and entire plant team
- Collaborate with Production, Fulfillment, Inventory, Distro, and other departments to identify and implement initiatives to improve the customer experience (reduce errors)
- Perform key metric, incidents and Continuous Improvement reviews to ensure transparency at management level and coordinate site CAPA activities
- Represent QA function on the Site Management Team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
- 7-10 years experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, supply chain or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology, microbiology, or related field preferred or 10+ years in food safety and quality assurance with a proven track record of success
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast environment without a lot of structure and/or supervision
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks/priorities
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience required with at least 3 years successfully managing multiple shifts and/or departments
- Previous experience with GFSI, FDA, and USDA inspections, programs, and expectations
- Certifications: SQF, PCQI, HACCP, and ServeSafe Manager at time of hire or within 6 months of position
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must pass a LIVESCAN
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Do you have experience coaching, training and developing QA personnel?
- Do you have a minimum 5 years of supervisory experience? With at least 3 years successfully managing multiple shifts and/or departments?
- Are you able to work nights, holidays, and/or weekends as needed?
- Do have any of the following certifications, if so which ones? SQF, PCQI, HACCP and ServeSafe?
Work Location: One location