QUALITY ASSURANCE MANGER (PRODUCT INNOVATION & LAUNCH)
Job location: Bradford, ON
Employment type: Full Time Employment
Hours: 40 Hours per week
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance-Edibles, the QA Manager Product Innovation & Launch will play a critical role in getting new and innovative products to market in a compliant and efficient manner. We are seeking a self-motivated individual to work closely with many different departments throughout the product development and commercialization process to ensure all relevant Quality aspects are being addressed
As a Quality Assurance Manager - Edibles, you will….
- Lead the process of Product Innovation and Product Launch from a Quality standpoint.
- Be the Quality Liaison between multiple departments for all new products, line extensions and product launches.
- Work closely with the greater Quality team to ensure all new projects are communicated clearly to all stakeholders to ensure efficiency and success
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Quality procedures and processes (Ensure company SOPs and Policies are followed, assist in development of PCPs, etc.)
- Work closely with the corporate QA team to ensure any suppliers involved in projects are compliant and approved for use.
- Mentor and train other staff members to support Product Innovation and Launch activities.
- Achieve Quality Assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; identify and resolve problems; identify and implement system improvements, standards and drive positive change.
- Manage emerging issues (e.g. new safety or quality finding) and associated risk communications to stakeholders for the products, and escalate to the Director as required
- Provide metrics and data of ongoing quality systems to the Director as required.
- Manage compliance within all Manufacturing, Product Innovation and Product Launch teams by ensuring global, regional and local processes, policies, SOPs and working instructions are adhered to.
- Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions and re-validations.
- Manage and train QA employees required to support the development and commercialization of all new products across the company
- Work closely with and support other Quality employees in the facilities to ensure consistency throughout the Quality dept.
- Other duties as assigned
You would be the best fit for this role if you have…
- Degree or diploma in science, engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years' relevant experience in QA in a relevant field such as food manufacturing, Natural Health Product manufacturing or Drug Product manufacturing.
- Minimum 1 year’ experience in a managerial role
- Experience or an ability to demonstrate competency in GFSI and other quality management programs, including ISO 22000-2017, FSC 22000, ISO/TS 22002-series, ISO 9001-2015, GMP, HACCP, CODEX, COR, associated FSMS and lean manufacturing principles.
- Understanding of the application of laws, regulations, and policies for safe manufacturing as it applies to cannabis product manufacturing.
- Ability to interpret and understand Regulations in the context of the scientific and commercial environment.
- Strong scientific writing skills are required and ability to interpret biostatistics desired.
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to anticipate and communicate potential risks and strategize creative, workable solutions.
- Bilingual (English/French) is considered an asset.
- Strategic thinker adept at working cross-functionally to achieve goals in a timely manner
- Self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task to meet multiple deadlines and changing priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Dynamic 365 and experience using ERP systems.
- Experience with process flow software such as Lucid Chart or Viseo and Smartsheets would be considered an asset.
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
- Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
- Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary or hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
- Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
- Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? That’s okay! Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.