Job Location: WMMC Pemberton
Employment Type: Full-time permanent employment onsite
Division: Operations, Cultivation
Hours: 40 hours per week
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We are a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Reporting to the Lead Cultivator, the Propagation Supervisor provides daily care of cannabis plants from mother to flower. They will provide quality care and attention to the growing process of the plants from Mother to flower which includes cloning, transplanting, watering, and providing nutrients up to the flower stage. The Propagation Supervisor will care for clones and assist the Lead Cultivator with mother plants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to ensure the organizations performance standards are met through various growing and plant health activities.
- Stock plant maintenance, cloning, irrigation, pest control, climate control, and the scheduling of propagation.
- Coordinate timely and effective pest and disease control measure as required.
- Communicate and escalate all issues with a crop and/or the production process to all relevant parties as required.
- Recommend, perform, and coordinate correct actions such as the removal, isolation, or destruction of plants.
- Organize and coordinate with the Irrigation Team to collect and interpret fertilizer concentrations.
- Take necessary actions to adjust fertilizer levels.
- Responsible for scheduling crop cycles, plant maintenance, cloning, plugging, and crop work.
- Ensure crop growth specifications are acceptable by meeting or exceeding the company’s goals, objectives, and KPI’s.
- Monitor daily activities to determine opportunities for improvement in productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- Establish, manage, and report optimization projects as approved.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure timely and effective operations, including facility maintenance.
- Train, coach, manager, and empower cultivation staff.
- Provide fair and balanced performance feedback to staff on a regular basis to encourage and motivate a positive workforce.
- Openly and honestly communicate with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
- Recognize unsafe conditions and practices and makes corrections to prevent injuries and product loss.
- Where applicable, must adhere to Aurora's SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Cannabis Act. In addition, must adhere to all ISO requirements and the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements.
- Position details and activities may change from time to time in order to meet operational needs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary degree in Agriculture/Horticulture is considered an asset
- Must have experience managing/supervising a team
- 2-5 years of commercial greenhouse experience is required
- Experience with commercial plant propagation is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to achieve objectives
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills in MS Office
- Excellent time management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge with climate control systems (Priva, Argus or Hoogendoorn)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT AURORA
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it...
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
Total Rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski-trips or staycations.
benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-Long Learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and free snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? That’s okay! Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic.
If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.