Job location: Pemberton, BC
Employment type: Full-time permanent employment onsite
Division: Operations (WMMC)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Wage: $27 per hour + benefits + annual bonus and more!
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Do you have experience with plant propagation? Are you interested in joining the cannabis industry? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
It’s grow time and we’re looking for a dynamic professional to plant their roots with us as a Propagation Coordinator in our Pemberton facility. In this role, you will report into the Propagation Supervisor and provide operational support, team leadership and data management for the daily care of cannabis plants from mother to flower. Sound interesting? Here is a little more…
As the Propagation Coordinator, you will…
- Supervise propagation of plants, including cloning, transplanting, pruning, plant destruction, and plant care and maintain production areas
- Oversee worker productivity to ensure all duties and tasks are being performed efficiently by assigning basic tasks, providing feedback and direction and address any conflicts that aris
- Support performance management activities for team members by leveraging core strengths, setting metrics, and ensuring metrics are achieved
- Assist with scheduling to ensure shifts are covered when employees are away
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by checking equipment and coordinating repairs, reviewing and enforcing health and safety policies, completing and filing incident reports and reporting all violations of policies
- Collaborate with Lead Cultivator and Propagation Supervisors to implement new practices, maintain inventory levels, follow procedures, and order supplies
- Schedule and supervise application of nutrients and biological controls as per direction from Team Leads and report signs of pest or diseases on plants
- Revise, understand, and follow all SOPs and related forms to GMP standards
- Complete all required documentation (manual and electronic) including Logbooks, Batch Records, and Daily Production Report
You would be the best fit for this role if you have…
- Post-secondary degree in Agriculture/Horticulture (these credentials appear to match the candidate profile we are looking for but we’re ready to be convinced otherwise)
- 2 – 5 years of commercial greenhouse experience and experience managing a team
- Strong knowledge of climate control systems (Priva, Argus or Hoogendoorn) and skills with MS Office products
- The ability to demonstrate physical effort to lift objectives, operate in various temperatures (20 – 30 degree Celsius) and height levels and work weekends, holidays or after hours when required
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- A natural leader with strong interpersonal skills who can guide strategic decision-making
- An organized professional with exceptional time management who goes above and beyond to achieve objectives
- A strong communicator who has impeccable problem-solving skills and can navigate any challenge with a positive attitude
Bonus points if you have…
- Prior experience with commercial plant propagation (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, compressed work weeks, vacation time and more.
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we! Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic.If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.