<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd">
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for an Project Manager to join our Digital Application Development team. As an ERP Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of Dynamics 365 ERP projects by collaborating across different disciplines and business functions. As a key platform for major transformational initiatives, this is an exciting opportunity to put your extensive project management experience to use and your exercise your knowledge of the best project management methodology, tools, and practices.
About Your Day
- Work with stakeholders to identify their project deliverables/asks and any dependencies to integrate into the overall delivery schedule
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and act the primary point of contact for the team
- Escalate and assist in resolving projects issues, risks, decision and scope issues and risks
- Ensure proper project management, Agile/Waterfall/Enterprise artifacts and necessary governance are in place and effective
- Obtain proper signoffs and ensure alignment with key stakeholders on decisions
- Partner with Product Management to drive prioritization and the successful end-to-end completion of new features, updates, and fixes
- Maintain a high velocity of output from the team by streamlining the delivery process and removing impediments
- Facilitate team status updates, product demos, retrospectives and lessons learned discussions
- Working alongside QA and the Release Management teams to oversee successful end-to-end testing and deployments
- Assist procurement in the preparation of various formal technology acquisition and/or service-related contractual documents
- Post Secondary education in Business, Computer Science, Engineering and/or related field OR equivalent combination of experience and completed post-secondary education
- 5+ years of Technical Project Management experience working in a modern delivery environment
- Experience delivering technology solutions in retail and/or regulated industries (e.g. Financial Services, Telecom, Public Sector)
- Creating workplans for mid-to-large sized Dynamic 365 engagements
- Well-versed in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid software delivery methodologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Highly proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and road mapping tools (e.g. MS Project, Roadmunk)
- Manages vendor and contractor relations and performance of the overall solution and delivery process
- Can effectively communicate, track, and resolve issues, risks, and dependencies
- Can help maintain a positive and calm environment for the team, even in the face of challenges
- Has the ability to prioritize and manage work for themselves and others in a fast-paced environment, adhering to multiple project timelines simultaneously
- Excited to collaborate with technical teams, having a deep understanding what works/doesn’t work in the process of designing and delivering software
- Ability to speak with project & business leaders to manage expectations, influence direction and drive engagement
- Professional and diplomatic in communicating to both internal and external teams
- Excellent oral, listening, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and driven team-player attitude
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. When the office reopens, you will be required to be in the office 1-2 days each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- Currently, our office is closed, and we are working remotely
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: 14 Month Fixed- Term Contract
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within GTA
- Application Deadline: March 21, 2022
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.