Meet Manitoba Harvest
Meet Manitoba Harvest
Manitoba Harvest is owned by Tilray, a global pioneer in the medical and recreational cannabis industry and hemp foods markets.
Manitoba Harvest , the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
About the Opportunity
Manitoba Harvest has and opening for a Production Technician to join our Production team. This position is based out of our Hemp Oil Canada facility located in Ste. Agathe, MB - an enjoyable 15-minute drive south of the perimeter on Highway 75.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Located in Ste. Agathe the Production Technician will be primarily responsible for the operation of the Heat Treatment processing equipment and for the cleaning and sanitation of equipment. Adheres to all organizational standards as well as safety regulations and guidelines.
- Operate and attend to manual and automated equipment in the production process operation
- Perform all functions as designated by SOPs while operating specified equipment
- Understand and review the product through specified production process, recognizing areas of defect and taking appropriate actions to rectify them
- Conduct all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards
- Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes and reassembles various pieces of equipment as required
- Ensures materials and supplies are ready for use during the shift
- Keeps work area clean and performs general housekeeping as required
- Performs product quality checks as per procedures
- Performs minor or daily equipment maintenance
- Maintains all necessary documentation associated with tasks performed
- Complies with all Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment – food strongly preferred
- Experience in processing and machine operation.
- Mechanically inclined to operate machines, make adjustments or general maintenance
- Knowledge PLC controlled equipment and asset
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Reading, writing and speaking English
- Availability to work afternoons (12pm to 8pm) with flexibility and willingness to work OT and weekends as required
- Production floor environment
- Handling heavy loads (up to 50 lbs.)
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time