Meet Manitoba Harvest
Manitoba Harvest is owned by Tilray, a global pioneer in the medical and recreational cannabis industry and hemp foods markets.
Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
About the Opportunity
Manitoba Harvest has an opening for a Production/ Sanitation Technician to join our Production team located at our Winnipeg facility at 69 Eagle Drive. This position will be a 12-hour Night shifts from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am, Friday to Sunday.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Located in Winnipeg, the Production / Sanitation Technician will be responsible for working on the dehulling line and responsible for the operation of the processing equipment and for the cleaning and sanitation of equipment. Adheres to all organizational standards as well as safety regulations and guidelines.
- Operate and attend to manual and automated equipment in the production process operation
- Perform all functions of the dehulling operations as designated by SOPs while operating specified equipment
- Understand and review the product through specified production process, recognizing areas of defect and taking appropriate actions to rectify them
- Conduct all work to organizational standards to ensure final product meets quality standards
- Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes and reassembles various pieces of equipment as required for sanitation process
- Ensures materials and supplies are staged prior to the beginning of the shift
- Keeps work area clean and performs general housekeeping as required
- Performs product quality checks as per procedures
- Performs minor or daily equipment maintenance
- Maintains all necessary documentation associated with tasks performed
- Complies with all Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment – food strongly preferred
- Experience in processing and machine operation or food sanitation experience.
- Knowledge PLC controlled equipment and asset
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50 lbs
- Reading, writing and speaking English
- Flexible and willing to work OT as required
- Production floor environment
- Working with sanitation chemicals
- Wet environment
- Handling heavy loads (up to 50 lbs.)
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time