Responsible for set-up and operation of bandsaw, laminator, sheet gluer, up and down, and all floor operations requiring handwork. Provides assistance on taper, stitcher, slitter, baler, bander, bandsaw, and whenever and wherever work load requires to aid in the profitable flow of customer product from production through delivery while maintaining customer specifications and GNC quality and efficiency standards by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Operating bandsaw, laminator, sheet gluer, and up and down.
- Studying, evaluating and organizing daily work list received from specialty & finishing supervisor to determine maximum efficiency in order of runs.
- Entering set-up code, running code and related comments into work station computer.
- Setting up and adjusting machine to accurately cut, glue, slot, bundle and unitize corrugated sheets.
- Running machine to produce product to proper GNC and customer specifications.
- Inputting total piece, finished product, unit and scrap counts into work station computer.
- Directing and working along with assistant to complete set-up procedure and production run in the most efficient time and manner for each order on equipment assigned to operate.
- Performing assistant operator duties on taper, stitcher, and slitter.
- Identifying, verifying and matching color for set-ups and quality checks on printed packaging.
- Providing assistance throughout the production area.
- Performing clean up activities in production and on the grounds as assigned.
- Following all quality set-up, running and checking out procedures for accuracy and quality.
Wage ranges from $18.00 - $23.50
Shift start: 11:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 30 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis excluded)
- Can lift 75 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Great Northern
Since 1962, our success has been built on great partnerships with our customers. It is this strong bond that serves our mission “To help our customers win by doing what others can’t or won’t.” When working with Great Northern, you’ll see this entrepreneurial spirit ingrained in our culture. We welcome new challenges and continue to provide innovative solutions to the packaging and instore industries Our capabilities are broad, ranging from traditional corrugated boxes to innovative retail displays seen throughout the country. In addition, we manufacture protective products used in the transport and storage of just about any item you can think of.