The role of Product Marketing Manager at Weedmaps is to own and operate our Marketing campaigns across both B2B and B2C. You take part in a complete marketing experience for raising awareness and interest about Weedmaps among cannabis enterprises everywhere and educating consumers through a seamless customer journey, from interest to discovery and informing consumer opinion about the state of the industry.
As a Marketing Manager, you will oversee Weedmaps campaigns across multiple segments and channels. You are a passionate and results-driven individual with experience in a fast paced consumer marketing environment and have driven user acquisition at scale. This role is very well resourced and will involve developing customer use case stories, creating new and innovative marketing assets and capturing the groundswell demand of users in the cannabis space.
Weedmaps is the Cloud platform powering the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, producer, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. We are currently used by more than 10,000 enterprises and 5 million consumers on a monthly basis.
The impact you'll make:
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, go-to-market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events, and communication.
- Create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user
- Develop, socialize and get buy-in for marketing strategy and programs, working closely with key stakeholders and sales leadership.
- Optimize new customer acquisition campaigns and programs aligned to horizontal and vertical solutions including online marketing, events, outbound campaigns, external trade shows and customer stories.
- Grow awareness, familiarity and perception for Weedmaps in key local cities and markets.
- Work closely with the sales and business development teams to drive opportunity and business growth_._
What you've accomplished:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of industry experience in consumer marketing
- Function specific marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign execution)
- Strong project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategy successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus.
- Successful track record of planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing campaigns and ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities. Proven ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems.
- Passion for working with technology products and solving consumer needs.
- Excellent communication skills in business and technical situations.
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Salesforce.com or similar), marketing automation tools (Marketo or similar) and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness.
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!