The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Flow Manager to join our Supply Chain Team. The Product Flow Manager will be responsible for ensuring timely flow of information from OCS Systems to Suppliers to support physical flow of product to the Distribution Centre. Leveraging expertise in people leadership and developing high performing resources, the Product Flow Manager will lead a team of Supply Chain Specialists which will work closely with internal teams (like Merchandising, eCommerce, and Finance) and suppliers. This role provides an excellent opportunity to utilize your strong analytical skills, collaboration, and communication capabilities.
About Your Day
Purchase Order / Inventory Management
- Manage the end-to-end purchase order process.
- Lead the product flow process for new product introductions to ensure timely flow of goods into the Distribution Centre.
- Work with Finance department to assist in facilitating the completion of inventory evaluations in preparation for external financial audits
- Contribute to and/or lead projects with cross-functional teams that align with company strategies, improve KPIs and optimize inventory levels.
- Establish and cultivate strategic relationships with suppliers and external customers
- Build and direct a high performing team that consistently meets or exceeds expectations by assuring process compliance, ensuring appropriate training and feedback, increasing team aptitude to seek and utilize better forecasting and replenishment science.
- Post-Secondary Education in Supply Chain, Inventory Management, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Inventory Management, Industrial Engineering or Business.
- Experience in retail supply chain and/or retail vendor management.
- Completion of a professional supply chain certification(s): Ex. Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Retail Supply Chain Certification Program (RSCC), Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP).
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management, priority management and organizational skills.
- Proven experience managing complex internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Experience using Power BI or Tableau.
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Comprehensive understanding of the cannabis industry is an asset
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full Time 6-month Contract
Required Travel: Rare, within the GTA
Application Deadline: Wednesday May 11, 2022 11:59 pm
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. Effective February 2022, you will be required to be in the office 1-2 days each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- Currently, our office is open and available to use but it is not mandatory to be in office until February 2022
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
- We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.