Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
The Company operates more than two dozen retail locations across the country under the retail brand, BEYOND / HELLO™ as well as under the recently acquired brand, Nature’s Remedy. The Company provides an unparalleled in-store experience, coupled with online reservations and in-store express pickup.
Each day, Jushi team members continue to grow, cultivate, process and manufacture a comprehensive suite of cannabis brands under the names: The Bank, The Lab, Tasteology, Nira + Medicinals and Sèche, which are addressing a wide variety of consumer and patient needs across multiple states.
The Processing Supervisor will be responsible for making sure that their facility and department’s employees are compliant with local and state laws, as well as company policies and procedures. This role will be responsible for all activities related to the post-harvest production of cannabis flower through primary packaging, as well as secondary packaging for both cannabis and infused products.
- Exercise authority and direction concerning operational issues and budget decisions; participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, department policies, and procedures
- Documentation and continued development of internal processes
- Continuous improvement in efficiencies, processes and procedures for DTC
- Manage and coordinate Post Harvest, Cure, Processing and Packaging operations at the facility including: daily activities, supply requests, equipment requirements, training/ development, schedules, personnel and quality assurance.
- Inventory oversight, management, and organization.
- Ensure product quality; making sure product quality is maintained while being processed, cured, and packaged.
- Ensure and oversee tracking logs of all harvested, processed and packaged product.
- Understand and perform proper curing and drying methods; understanding, maintaining and executing knowledge of correct levels of humidity and temperature ranges during various stages of production.
- Manage and utilize Processing and Packaging labor force to effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Work in various sectors of the department as needed to assist train, maintain and oversee quality standards, products, and procedures by their staff, as well to help meet goals.
- Assure compliance requirements are met or exceeded through operational and physical support at their facility.
- Responsible for continued innovation and evolution within the department regarding policy and procedure; making recommendations and offering new concepts and ideas to help streamline productivity and cost-efficiency
- Review new processes and product flow while maintaining, quality oversight
- Create and manage detailed reporting, comprehensive tracking and analysis of all products post-harvest through finished packaging; reporting daily, weekly and monthly as required
- Create a proactive and positive environment where processing employees are challenged to meet as well as exceed production, quality goals, and standards
- Experience in all areas related of post harvest processing of cannabis, including curing, trimming, and packaging.
- Skills in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates, and techniques for operational improvement
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes, and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, upper management, and governmental agencies
- Assists the cultivation department with processes related to the drying of cannabis in order to maintain schedules and production goals; gains knowledge and experience in the processes and procedures of drying cannabis.
- Responsible for all flower processing related trimming, curing and primary packaging as well as all processes related to secondary packaging for both flower and manufactured products
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or related previous management experience preferred
- 3-5 plus years of prior people management experience required
- Experience related to the drying, curing, processing, and/or packaging of cannabis preferred
- Prior union experience preferred
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment, and software, including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, including their direct supervisor, upper management, and law enforcement
- Knowledge and use of automation equipment including packaging, labeling and cannabis related post harvest & trimming equipment.
- Perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently standing
- Often stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds
- Often Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends. May be requested to work additional time as business demands require
- An environment with moderate to loud noise level
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).