PRINT PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
Job location: Bradford, ON
Employment type: Fill-time Permanent Employment
Hours: 40 Hours per week
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you a cannabis enthusiast with an energetic spirit? Are you looking to work with a fun group of people? If so, we would love to meet you!
We’re looking for an ambitious and hard-working professional to join our Operations team in the role of Print Production Technician!
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that print projects related to product development and packaging are delivered on schedule and on budget.
As a Print Production Technician, you will….
- Plan, execute, and monitor a variety of print projects throughout their lifecycle to ensure that they are completed on budget and on schedule
- Perform day to day service of print equipment including troubleshooting, installation of consumables and repairs as required
- Consult with vendors and both internal and external customers to determine requirements for equipment and designs
- Examine material and production costs to determine manufacturing requirements
- Evaluate product appearance to determine if a design is practical
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients for approval
- Other duties as assigned by the Print Production Supervisor
You would be the best fit for this role if you have…
- Technical inclination and mechanically skilled
- Experience with barcodes, GS1 codes and label design utilizing Adobe Suite is an asset
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook)
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated and enjoys a challenge
- Willing and able to learn new skills and concepts quickly
- Enjoys a multi-faceted and dynamic work environment
- Able to prioritize and be flexible, while maintaining efficiency
- Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor
- Reviews work orders / production report to verify correct information
- Understanding of PMS verse CMYK colours
- Ensure Quality control
- Experience with various substrates
- Monitors press run for quality and makes adjustments as necessary
- Sets up printer according to established company guidelines, safety, and job requirements
- Prints job maintaining optimum production rate, color density, and quality standard within company and customer guidelines, and makes adjustments as required
- Completes production records
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment
- Standing for extended periods
- Strong attention to detail
Bonus points if you have…
- Secondary education in a related discipline
- Minimum of 3+ years of print related experience and/or consumer package design
- Experience with medium-scale printing equipment for labels and boxes
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams operating in a fast-paced, innovation driven environment
- Knowledge of the emerging cannabis industry would be considered an asset
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to compressed work weeks to paid sick and vacation time, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance.
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary or hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? That’s okay! Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.