LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we're defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000's 'Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies', one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
What We're Looking For
LeafLink is seeking a Principal Engineer, Mobile to join our growing Tech organization who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will set the direction and contribute heavily to the build-out of LeafLink's new mobile application suite. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is looking to launch its first set of mobile products in 2022 and as such, we're looking to bring on a technical leader that can help set direction, work closely with product and design stakeholders, help mentor and direct a team, and ultimately help build the first of many mobile application flows that help our customers access our products in unique and captivating ways.
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that's fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
What You'll Do
- Architect and build intuitive, simple and elegantly designed mobile apps that people want to use
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Set and drive the architectural design and development objectives for our emerging suite of mobile experiences based on a flexible product roadmap
- Be seen as "the person" by team members - leading by example as a dedicated, flexible technologist who is always looking for the ideal, elegant solution to a problem while still making sure to partner effectively with other areas of the department and company
- Be a partner to the product and design teams, focusing on collaborative design, accessibility, and component libraries
- Help make critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink's mobile platform and products as well as leading and mentoring others to do the same
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end mobile products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly and effectively when they arise, bringing calm and rationality to tense situations and providing a clear path forward for team members across multiple areas of the department
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 10+ years working with and leading mobile teams during complex projects and challenges
- Expert-level experience with Swift / Objective-C, iOS / macOS fundamentals and frameworks (or similar non-native languages and frameworks)
- Advanced experience working within an API (REST, GraphQL) driven environments
- Be a partner to the design team to collaborate on the design system and ensure design vision is implemented in the codebase and platform
- Play a pivotal role in informing the direction of our mobile applications and strive towards consistent, responsive, and highly reusable components throughout our platform
- Be involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink's mobile products
- Advanced experience working in an environment that sees test-driven development as a core value and a path towards ensuring stability
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Experience working within a collaborative, pair programming-driven engineering environment
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- An interest in the cannabis industry and / or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink's success
LeafLink's employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC's Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink's history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.