Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation’s leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We’re grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
The Cultivation Technician I - Post Harvest Technician position is responsible for executing their daily role within the Post Harvest department assigned by leadership. This role will take on objectives, such as, breaking down harvested plants, takedowns of dried product, operating machinery to trim, sort and touch-up product, and cleaning of the area.. This position must fulfill their role with efficient productivity and accuracy, and participate in their job with professionalism and safety, consistently. The Post Harvest Technician will report to the Leads and Cure and Trim and Supervisor of Post Harvest.
Procedures & Tasks
- This position will help towards a variety of tasks from breaking down the plants to preparing the dried and sorted product to be ready for packaging stage. Processing the plants accordingly, separating bud material product, extraction material product, and unhealthy product consistently. Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity. Meet daily quotas.
- Data Entry input for harvested and processed plants and harvest batches, supporting the organizing and securing of all METRC tags. Ensuring accurate and legible logging of a variety of spreadsheets and labels.
- Organize and process the dried cannabis product. Ensure product is dried and cured properly, sorted through machinery efficiently, remediate product as necessary, trimming product according to desired texture and appearance, and properly store it for the next phase of Post Harvest.
- Properly use equipment and supplies to maintain its integrity and longevity. Operating the machinery as instructed and trained, safely.
- Quality assurance review of product to be properly separated and processed.
- Organization and reporting data entries to spreadsheets and logs, including weigh-ins. Ensuring accurate and legible logging of a variety of spreadsheets and labels. Communicating concerns with leadership of the department for missorted or unsatisfactory dried cannabis product.
- Assist associates to achieve team goals, and support the leadership of Post Harvest with instructed requests. Work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity. Meet daily quotas. Maintain a culture of professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to assisting other departments to help facilitate the additional and/or supplemental work, such as, Trim dept tasks, Packaging dept tasks, Farm dept tasks, cleaning, and light maintenance as needed throughout the facility.
- This position will follow the direction and training by the leadership of the Post Harvest department assigned to the Holliston, MA cultivation facility. The role is expected to engage in proactive participation to be able to achieve the high standard cultivation practices, consistently and compliant.
- Training towards PharmaCann’s mission statement and leadership development.
- Understanding how to compliantly operate within the cultivation based on the state laws and regulations.
Workspace and Material Maintenance
- Perform regular cleaning and maintenance on work surfaces, tools, and related equipment (scissors,
- table, floors etc.).
- Contribute to instructed cleaning, sanitizing, and organization in the Post Harvest department areas.
- Contribute and show support to associates with a safe, well maintained, and organized work area.
- After use of equipment or supply, follow through with cleaning and organizing SOPs.
Compliance and Reporting
- Follow all instructed state and federal compliance regulations.
- Report any improper action of compliance regulations.
- Following instructed procedures will maintain compliance and safety. Any compliance or safety mistake or error created must be reported to the leadership of the department.
- Reporting data input as instructed for METRC plant tags.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Leads and Cure and Trim and Supervisor of Post Harvest.
- This position is expected to be available as needed to adherir to the responsibilities within and throughout the job description.
- Must be eligible for the position based on state and federal laws and regulations.
- Able to use a computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing and warehouse environment. This position is part of a fast paced environment.
- Working in proper PPE at all times of scheduled shift to sustain GMP model certification.
- Able to kneel, bend, reach, rotate, and stoop on an intermittent to regular basis daily.
- Able to lift and move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- Consistent on-time attendance for all scheduled shifts. Prepared for full 40 hour week working scheduled shifts with occasional overtime shifts to complete daily and weekly objectives
- Preferred commercial cannabis experience at least 6 months.
- One year of work experience in a related industry or work environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced production environment preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to consistently meet productivity and performance requirements.
- Demonstrates high attention to detail.
- Demonstrates professional and respectful demeanor towards others. Demonstrates respectful verbal and written communication capability.
- Ability to create, utilize, and modify electronic documents. Electronic and technical skills preferred.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of local, state, regional states, and federal employment laws relating to key areas of responsibility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Skill Sets Preferred for Position:
- Manufacturing experience
- Proactive, dedicated, and results-driven skills
- Respectful and Effective Communication
- Problem solving team player
- Professional, quality, compliant, and safe decision making
- Willing to give and take direction
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.