As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The Pharmacist is responsible for providing our customers with an extraordinary experience. Through meaningful interaction and knowledgeable answers, the Pharmacist fosters an environment that is compassionate, genuine, and respectful. Pharmacists also assist the Management Team with the activities and operations of the store, while abiding by policies, procedures, and operational guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispense medical cannabis medications based on patient’s physician recommendations
- Individual patient consultations to determine the best therapy in conjunction with the recommendations made by patient’s physician
- Oversee and perform all functions associated with management and oversight of a retail medical cannabis dispensary
- Administer routine inspections to maintain accurate inventory of all cannabis products
- Train Dispensary staff to ensure a consistent performance and knowledge base of company standard operating procedures and comprehensive understanding of all products being sold to patients.
- Manage daily financial reporting requirements and oversee all cash handling procedures
- Oversee patient education and counseling programs. Review and continuously revise information regarding debilitating conditions, their association with medical cannabis products, side effects, etc.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all relevant statues, regulations, and directives in all respects, as well as best practices
- Collaborate with scientific/medical personnel to conduct research in connection with palliative and curative potential of cannabis and its constituent cannabinoid chemical in order to enhance pharmacological understanding and medicinal value of cannabis and its alleviative effects on symptoms and debilitating conditions
Must stay current and adhere to all policies and regulations of the state cannabis agency.
- Must meet age requirement as outlined by state cannabis agency.
- Able to pass all background checks as required by state cannabis agency.
- Prior clinical or research experience preferred
- Must be able to be high energy and primarily patient focused
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers/caregivers and team members.
- Prior customer service experience in a hospitality, pharmacy, customer services or retail environment.
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy/Health Sciences
- 1-3 years' experience working in a cannabis retail setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities**
Close attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively with employees, management, patients, government agencies, community members, and the public
Work is primarily performed in a dispensary setting. The working area may be odorous at times and loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between cold and warm temperatures.
- Involves frequent contact with staff, vendors and customers. Work may include dealing with law enforcement and occasional State inspectors.
The person in this position frequently communicates with customers and/or caregivers regarding medical conditions and symptoms. Must be able to exchange accurate information about product offerings.
- Frequently operates computer/POS system and other standard office equipment such as printers, phones and photocopy machines.
- The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position when checking in customers or when operating the register.
- Constantly moves and transports dispensary products/totes up to 30 lbs. throughout the dispensary.
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a dispensary agent.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.**
At AYR Wellness, our vision is to be a force for good in all we do and to bring lasting positive change to our communities, our industry, and our world. And it wouldn’t be possible without our exceptionally talented team. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the uniqueness of each employee and supports their individual journey in finding their genius and pursuing their passion.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to pursuing our vision for the future, and we believe that our success is dependent on building a truly equitable, collaborative, and inclusive team. One that reflects the diversity of the communities that we serve.
In addition to a generous benefits package, and unparalleled career opportunities, as an employee at Ayr Wellness, you can expect to be provided with industry-leading training which will offer you an in-depth insight into the wonderful world of cannabis.