The People Operations Generalist reports to the Director of People Relations and is accountable for overseeing all HR-related responsibilities for the Nabis SoCal sites with ~100 employees. The People Operations Generalist works as an HR Business Partner to the Operations team and as a partner to the Talent Manager to align company goals and objectives with the day-to-day People Team operations to meet state and federal compliance. This role must be filled by an individual with prior experience in leading the HR function for a small team of up to 50-100 employees with outstanding people skills and progressive knowledge of HR laws and regulations. The People Operations Generalist must be proactive in a way that ensures efficiency, risk management, engagement, continuous improvement, and talent development.
The People Operations Generalist is responsible for providing best-in-class full-cycle People Relations services, working across the business to improve upon ways of working, efficiencies, and proactive approaches to People Management. The person in this role should bring best-in-class HR experience, be proactive, extremely organized, possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, full and complete knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. This position is not remote and will require 5 daily on-site shifts at our LA facility.
- Independently Manage all day-to-day People Relations functions and develop HR partnerships across the business. This includes managing new hire onboarding/induction/training, 30/60/90 day check-ins, employee relations management, leaves of absence and worker’s compensation, employee engagement, talent management, and more.
- Manage all on-site People relations including overseeing the front office, creating, and executing human resources policies and procedures that are aligned with operational strategic objectives, and communicating these policies and procedures to the on-site teams on a regular basis, ensuring alignment and understanding.
- Oversee and lead all HR investigations in a consistent and prudent manner according to State, Federal, and Local jurisdictional laws, and business practices. This includes being completely up to date with ongoing regulation updates and best practices and providing the Director of People Relations with an update on active investigations on a regular basis.
- Oversee full cycle LOA, FMLA, ADA, and W.C. management, ensuring consistency and prudence in responses for requests and follow-up. This includes having a full understanding of the intricacies between these different types of LOA and knowing what is applicable to each scenario in order to manage LOA/claim status, documentation, and oversight of each active case.
- Oversee OSHA reporting and be a regular contributor to the safety committee.
- Maintain personnel records in both Gusto and Dropbox, including completeness and full accuracy of data.
- Oversee employee status changes and ensure this is reflected in payroll/benefits updates by conducting weekly audits of HR/personnel records to ensure accuracy.
- Oversee ongoing review of, and development of, job descriptions for all active roles. This includes making sure all JD’s are up to date, signed for by each employee, and that the JD’s include a level of accountability against performance expectations.
- Support the Ops Managers in making promotion decisions and in making determinations as it relates to progressive discipline, PIP conversations, and proactive approaches to talent development.
- Oversee Offboarding of all respective Ops staff in a compliant manner including conducting exit interviews, tracking exit interview data, and creating action plans against any common issues as they arise.
- Fostering Nabis’ culture includes motivating teams, supporting high-growth settings, change management, employee engagement, and recognition/retention programs in coordination with the entire People Team.
- Up to 5 years experience in overseeing HR at a site with at least 50 employees, along with proven knowledge of federal and state labor laws and regulations
- Computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 2+ years of HR/employee relations experience
- Ability to be onsite 5 days/week
- Highly organized
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proactive and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Focused on confidentiality and discretion
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people skills
- Low-ego, adaptable, and high EQ
- Excellent time management skills
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT NABIS:
- You'll work at the fastest-growing cannabis startup in the U.S.
- Medical/Dental/Vision offered to all full-time employees: 75% of employee premium paid by Nabis.
- Competitive salary and compensation.
- Industry discounts at cannabis retail shops across California.
- On-site snacks and beverages.
Nabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nabis is seeking to create a diverse work environment because all teams are stronger with different perspectives and life experiences. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Nabis are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Nabis is the #1 Licensed Cannabis B2B Platform in the world with the largest portfolio of cannabis brands, supplying over 100 brands to 99% of California’s dispensaries and delivery services. Our mission is to empower the world to discover cannabis by providing choice, access, and innovation. Our team, backed by Y-Combinator and from a celebrity roster of tech executives, including Doordash co-founder Stanley Tang, Gmail creator Paul Buchheit, and Twitch co-founder Justin Kan, is scaling the cannabis supply chain with technology with the ultimate goal of becoming the largest distributor of cannabis products in the world.
Job Type: Full-time