3-6 month contract with possibility for employee conversion
The People Operations Coordinator provides assistance with and facilitates the People Operations processes at all business locations and is the first point of contact for employees. This role administers employee on-boarding / orientation tasks and presentation, provides administrative support to the HRBP team as needed, and is responsible for record-keeping, file maintenance, and People Ops drive.
The impact you'll make:
- Manages communications and is the main point of contact during the transition from candidate to employee
- Manages the on-boarding and orientation for all new employees including conducting presentations, giving a property tour, scheduling meet n greets, and processing of paperwork
- Administers health and welfare plans in partnership with our benefit administrator, ensuring accurate and timely enrollments, changes and termination
- Process required documents through payroll to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
- Performs customer service function by being first point of contact for employee requests and questions
- Completes forms I9, verifies I9 documentation, and maintains I9 files
- Submits online investigation requests and manages new/current employee background checks
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Processes all employee changes within the HRIS and ensures communications with payroll
- Assists with the preparation of the growth management process
- Performs clerical functions such as making photocopies, mails, scans, and emails documents
- Files documents into appropriate employee files, prepares and maintains employee files
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment
- Assists the HRBP team with projects and programmatic roll-outs
- Manages organizational chart and employee directory
- Manages the relationship with outsourced benefits admin team to ensure employee service standards are met and accurate information is being provided and audit of benefit statements is completed
What you've accomplished:
- 1-2 years of experience in an HR support role
- Committed to confidentiality: can be trusted with highly sensitive and confidential information, default conduct exemplifies integrity
- Exercises a commitment to excellent customer service
- Great attention to detail and ability to process data entry with minimal errors
- Solid project management skills
*Bonus points: *
- PHR or similar certification
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!