We are currently hiring for a Full Time Patient Intake Coordinator for our Riverhead, Dispensary. This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the country and be a part of a new dispensary. A great opportunity for a caring, motivated individual to carry out our mission and vision in New York.
Reports to: General Manager; Retail Operations Manager
The Patient Intake Coordinator is responsible for greeting patients, setting up the patient record in our system and for providing an exceptional patient experience. Under general supervision, enters data from various source documents into computer system for storage, processing and data management purposes. Verifies the accuracy and veracity of the status of all qualifying patients and designated caregivers who come to our dispensary using proper identification and verification protocol. The Patient Intake Coordinator maintains a visitor log limiting access to the dispensing facility. Answer inquiries independently in accordance with policy.
Pay: $17.00/hour + Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance + 401(k) + PTO + Employee Discount
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- The Patient Registration Representative must ensure that visitors are escorted, monitored and that authorized identification badges are issued in compliance with State law.
- Collects and manages informational documents to support data integrity.
- This position ensures all intake forms and other paperwork is properly completed and filed correctly, then enters all appropriate information into the POS.
- The Patient Intake Receptionist confirms patient purchase limits prior to admission into the consultation area and informs the appropriate pharmacist of such limits.
- This position manages patient flow into the consultation area ensuring no more than one patient is admitted per pharmacist on duty and completes other administrative tasks at the dispensary.
- Ensure that transactions are complete, timely, and accurate and conform to internal policies and external regulations.
- Audits data entry transactions to ensure alignment with accounting systems. Alerts management of sourced discrepancies.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Demonstrated advanced ability in word processing and spreadsheet software programs including Microsoft Office products, accounting software (QuickBooks preferred), e-mail, etc.
- Proficient in data entry and 10-key.
- Ability to deal with confidential information such as financial records and product inventory reports.
- Ability to work independently and solve routine problems.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in using computer and application software for financial transactions.
- Skill in mathematical computations used in accounting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence, and presentations as required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with confident leadership.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Available to work weekends and flexible work schedule.
Additional Abilities Required:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, use hands to perform manual tasks, and lift or move up to 10 pounds (or more with assistance). Must be able to speak and communicate verbally with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.
About Columbia Care
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of cannabis products and related services, with licenses in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and the EU. Columbia Care operates 130 facilities including 99 dispensaries and 31 cultivation and manufacturing facilities, including those under development. Columbia Care is one of the original providers of medical cannabis in the U.S. and now delivers industry-leading products and services to both the medical and adult-use markets. In 2021, the company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology platforms. The company offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils, and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven, gLeaf, Classix, Plant Sugar, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD. For more information on Columbia Care, please visit www.col-care.com.