Meet Manitoba Harvest
Manitoba Harvest is owned by Tilray, a global pioneer in the medical and recreational cannabis industry and hemp foods markets.
Manitoba Harvest, the world’s largest hemp foods company, offers a portfolio of hemp foods and wellness products to consumers across North America. Our mission is to transform consumer health through the power of hemp foods.
About the Opportunity
Manitoba Harvest has an opening for a Packaging Technician to join our Production team located at our Winnipeg facility at 69 Eagle Drive. This position will be evening shift from 4:00 pm to 12:00 am (midnight), Monday to Friday.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Packaging Technician will be responsible for the operation of packaging equipment, packaging of product and palletizing. This position will also be responsible for preparing packaging materials for production run and the cleaning and sanitation of equipment and work area. Adheres to all organizational standards as well as safety regulations and guidelines.
- Package and palletize finished products
- Operates packaging equipment ensuring efficiency standards are met
- Ensures materials and supplies are ready and staged prior for production run
- Transport product to warehouse using pallet jack or forklift
- Ensure quality and operational checks are completed as required during the production run and reports any deficiencies
- Maintain all necessary production records and documentation
- Assists to disassemble, clean, and reassemble various pieces of equipment as needed
- Keeps work area clean, sanitized and performs general housekeeping as required
- Complies with all Safety and Food Quality policies and procedures
Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing or production line environment – food strongly preferred
Experience in processing and machine operation an asset.
Physically capable of frequently lifting up to 50 lbs
Reading, writing and speaking English
Flexible and willing to work OT as required
- Production floor environment
- Handling heavy loads up to 50 lbs.
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time