Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside\*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry.
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to.
Cresco Labs is seeking a full time Packaging Manager to join our growing Yellow Springs facility. As our Packaging Manager, you will oversee the Packaging department to ensure all compliance regulations and requirements are met while also identifying continuous improvement opportunities to optimize efficiency and consistency. This individual will also provide coaching and mentoring to the facility's Packaging team while synergizing with other cross functional departments to promote behaviors and processes that meet Cresco's mission of normalizing and professionalizing the cannabis industry.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and performance of the packaging department in accordance with Cresco's standard operating procedures, while also identifying areas of improvement
- Creates compliance labels from software and works with quality teams to ensure all details are accurate and in compliance with state laws and industry standards; communicates any changes to team immediately
- Recognizes areas of opportunity that improve safety, product quality, food safety, cost, productivity, and employee moral
- Works with operations to ensure all KPIs are being met or exceeded; where necessary, identifies gap solves and works to resolve areas of opportunity
- Coaches the production team using established performance measures to achieve designated objectives and deliver results to the business
- Responsible for managing team member records and ensuring all team member interactions reflect Cresco's mission and values; coaches appropriately on areas of improvement
- Able to maintain and trouble shoot automation.
- Organize and execute daily production schedule.
- Streamline processes and adjust as changes occur.
- Presents KPI targets and results during weekly management meetings with facility director and peers; collaborates cross functionally to find unique areas of continuous improvement
- Embraces and promotes a fast-paced work environment while keeping a keen attention to detail throughout all processes
- Upholds Cresco's safety and sanitization standards to provide a clean and secure work environment for everyone
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations or other related field preferred
- 5+ years' experience in Packaging, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain leadership
- Experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading large teams
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to provide clear direction, to manage and track progress and communicate outcomes
- Willing and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Experience in a highly regulated industry preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.