The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for a Merchandise Business Planning Specialist to join our Merchandising team. The Merchandising Business Planning Specialist will support and lead some of the key merchandising activities and work across the business and implementing programs such as the OCS Product Call Process, the OCS Vendor Management Program, and the OCS Category Business Planning Process.
About Your Day
- Support the process for the collection and intake of item submissions through the Product Call process, including the maintenance and improvement of all related forms.
- Support the development, process improvement and implementation of cross function projects as it relates to Merchandising. Such as the Change Management Tracker intake form and reporting functionality.
- Create standard templates to assist the merchandising team in making data driven business decisions and support IT projects.
- Provide innovative and creative solutions that achieve executional excellence on multiple project deliverables.
- Completion of Post Secondary Education in Business, Commerce, or related field of study
- 4+ years of experience supporting project/programs or business operations experience.
- Required - advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (SharePoint, forms and excel)
- Ability to work in ambiguity in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Experience working in a regulated industry.
- CAPM/ PMP designation considered an asset.
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office 1 day each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time.
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
- Application Deadline: July 13, 2022
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.