MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL AND BACKGROUND CHECK
Bloom Medicinals is one of the country's largest family-owned cannabis companies. We provide safe, effective, top-quality cannabis products that improve patients’ lives. Currently licensed in five states to grow, manufacture and/or dispense medical marijuana products for adult and pediatric patients, we are expanding rapidly as we continue to earn new state licenses and gain recognition as a trusted resource in this evolving space. We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION, PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage enterprise wide payroll administration, to include:
- Kronos-based systems and multi-state payroll experience preferred.
- Payroll administration, employee and management training and compliance.
- Managing and processing combined payrolls and assisting managers, employees and senior leaders as appropriate.
- Completion of accurate and efficient payrolls, including processing of all required payroll reports and checks. Works closely with Human Resources and Accounting Departments to ensure our locations meet proper cut-off dates and adhere to their weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting schedules. Provides backup support for the Accounting Department as needed.
- Processing of bi-weekly payroll, to include maintaining employee information (deductions, taxes, garnishments, direct deposits, and support orders), reviewing earnings, processing payroll/financial reports.
- Screens biweekly timesheets and verifies accuracy of data entry both daily and weekly for reasonableness and consistency. Communicates with Managers to correct and fix timesheet issues.
- Monitors on a daily/weekly basis the payroll system – adding/updating schedules, new hires, and correction of missing punch exceptions, orphan events, event monitoring, and accrual edits.
- Upload keyed data and batch data into the system.
- Checks the payroll account on a daily basis for exceptions, which includes daily/weekly review of reports, time card issues, and maintaining the issue log to assist in making corrections in.
- Maintain a high level of security and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Correspond with and for employees regarding payroll printouts of earnings, W-2’s, information requests and/or letters for employees or outside agencies and maintaining of the payroll card program.
- Processes voids, manual checks, enters disability payments, review and enter payment adjustments, process garnishment payments.
- First line contact for all employees regarding benefits, payroll deductions, OT, pay, etc.
- Reconcile all monthly invoices as it pertains to benefits to ensure billing accuracy and employee’s benefit elections and deductions are correct
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION
- 3– 5 years of payroll experience – prefer knowledge of Kronos
- Holds undergraduate degree in HR, Organizational Leadership or Business.
- Interdependencies with other parts of organization
- Partners across organizations pertaining to people, systems, and processes in the following functions: Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations, IT, Senior Managers and Employees.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A CRIMINAL AND BACKGROUND CHECK
EXPECTATIONS Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Exhibit confidence and not be afraid to ask questions to bring clarity, share ideas and challenge the norm (think outside the box).
- Actively listen to ensure you are seeking to understand before you are understood.
- Exhibit exemplary client service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company.
- Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- Create an environment of engagement and participation, work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers across teams in partnership with internal and external clients.
- Build relationships and alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information.
- Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company.
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups.
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business.
Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- “Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details.
- Don’t just be the student, be the teacher. Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others.
- Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions.
Time Management and Productivity
- Follow through with all customer expectations and accountabilities.
Please note this job advertisement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Bloom Medicinals is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience, and includes opportunities to enroll in health, vision and dental insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location