2.9 __Quick Apply Full-time2 hours ago
Full Job Description
Market Development Manager (Remote)
The Revenue Strategy & Ops org creates the foundation for sustainable and consistent revenue growth at scale. We are looking to add a Market Development Manager to the Central Operations team to support a busy and growing Sales & Customer Success team selling both digital advertising & SaaS solutions to our clients. Based in our Irvine office or remote, a successful Market Development Manager will work on projects designed to improve sell-through, adoption, and the overall support processes for your assigned Product(s) to scale. The right person will be comfortable operating in a high-volume operational environment and will be able to adapt quickly to change, while maintaining a positive attitude. In addition, a high degree of cross-functional management & communication across Customer Success, Sales, Ad Ops, Customer Support, Product, Engineering, and Marketing will be critical to the success of your programs.
The impact you'll make:
- Market Development Managers are product experts who use a combination of scaled and 1:1 engagement throughout the Revenue organization to drive product adoption and increase conversion rates by executing sales programming solutions, designed in partnership with the GTM stakeholders.
- Deploy GTM & Sales programming strategies based on local conditions (e.g. product features, product availability, advertiser and business maturity, Sales readiness, customer demand signals, etc.).
- Articulate the voice of the customer and Sales back to the Ads & Deals Product organizations, to help define product development priorities that set the direction, in collaboration with Product Marketing, for Ad sales go-to-market.
- Market Development Managers partner with Sales Enablement, Product Marketing, Sales & Customer Service teams to enhance regional readiness priorities and delivery timelines, and vet curriculum and client-facing materials.
- Build SOPs for how to recruit, onboard, set up, and configure clients for usage by internal teams & external clients. Leverage RACI format - who is responsible, who is accountable, who is consulted, who is informed for clear lines of ownership.
- Support SOP development to highlight key operational opportunities in Beta program recruitment and go-to-market strategy for solution adoption.
What you've accomplished:
- BS/BA Degree
- 6+ years of experience with proven success in sales operations, sales enablement, marketing, sales, and/or customer success within online, digital media, or software sales.
- Comfort with operating at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment.
- Track record of reliably delivering effective go-to-market project plans that are built in collaboration with different team stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of the programmatic advertising industry with knowledge of web analytics and ad management systems
- Experience managing internal relationships with senior leadership and cross-functional team members including Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Product Teams.
- Demonstrated strong analytical abilities and confidence in the use of data - including the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
Supplemental, voluntary benefits
Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
Voluntary Life Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Short- and long-term disability Insurance
Company-paid identity theft protection
Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
Paid parental leave
Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it's regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we've seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business' tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Job Type: Full-time