The Revenue Strategy & Ops org creates the foundation for sustainable and consistent revenue growth at scale. We are looking to add a Market Development Manager in the Central Operations team to support a busy and growing Sales & Customer Success team selling both digital advertising & SaaS solutions to our clients. Based in our Los Angeles, Irvine office or remote, a successful Market Development Manager will work on projects designed to improve sell through, onboarding, and the overall support processes for your assigned Product(s) to scale. The right person will be comfortable operating in a high volume operational environment, and will be able to adapt quickly to change, while maintaining a positive attitude. In addition, a high degree of cross functional management & communication across Customer Success, Sales, Customer Support, Product, Engineering, and Marketing will be critical to the success of your programs.
The impact you'll make:
- Key stakeholder in strategic planning & goal framework in the Ads & SaaS businesses - i.e., product features, sales positioning, and comp levers needed to win.
- Provide Sales GTM plans based on the provided market opportunity to develop state level plans by product line on target customers & plans to attack. Collaborate with Product Marketing Management & Revenue Leadership.
- Co-lead sales pitches for select clients in each market and develop scalable sales tactics & strategies for the long tail.
- Provide direction on pitch materials by collaborating with Revenue & Product Marketing Management on strategy & Sales Operations/Enablement on the deck creation.
- Report out Voice of the Customer trends by leveraging product feedback process and bug reporting collaborating with Revenue & Global Support leads to unlock key blockers for revenue & retention.
- Build SOPs for how to onboard, set up, and configure clients for usage by internal teams & external clients. Leverage RACI format - who is responsible, who is accountable, who is consulted, who is informed for clear lines of ownership.
- Collaborate across Customer Success, Sales, Customer Support, Product, Engineering, and Marketing.
- SOPs highlight key operational opportunities to streamline processes either with a) product development b) tool usage/optimization of SF or other tech resources or c) team reassignment/outsource
What you've accomplished:
- BS/BA Degree
- 6+ years of experience with proven success in sales operations, sales enablement, marketing, sales, and/or customer success within online, digital media, or software sales.
- Track record of reliably delivering effective go-to-market project plans that are built in collaboration with different team stakeholders.
- Cross-functional team leadership, influence, management, and alignment experience.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided when working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door when you work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!