The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Market & Consumer Insights, Junior Associate to join our Inventory Management team. The Market & Consumer Insights, Junior Associate will support the team as they look to uncover key insights related to the cannabis shopper, the consumer and the market. The ideal candidate is someone who’s passionate about insights, has a strong analytical foundation while being a natural communicator and looking to join a collaborative team. This role is a great opportunity to learn and grow through all facets of market research, from coordination of projects, stakeholder management and supporting both primary and secondary research projects.
About Your Day
- Analyze and interpret data from multiple sources, such as sales trends, consumer research and external market reports to accurately interpret information and draw relevant and insightful conclusions
- Assist in end-to-end research support, including questionnaire design, link testing and/or programming, analysis and reporting, including synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data and preparing research reports and/or dashboards for key internal partners
- Manage the overall calendar and coordination across projects, including the management of ad hoc research insights requests and Consumer Panel project calendar
- Coordinate and support external led sharing programs; including project sharing, organization of meetings, meeting minutes, etc., for key Licensed Producers and Retailer initiatives
- Coordinate management of Internal sharing initiatives across stakeholder teams within OCS
- Provide analysis and reporting support for internal led research projects, using Power BI and PowerPoint tools.
- Support on key research projects such as Voice of the Customer, Social Media Listening, Market Overview and Trends Reporting, etc
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Business, Commerce, or related areas OR equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience as an analyst in supporting end-to-end market research initiatives
- Market Research Post-Graduate Certificate, Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP) considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly grasp and creatively solve complex problems
- Ability to lead with a customer-centric approach
- Experience with survey programming/testing, data analysis and report building
- Experience on supplier side of Research would be considered an asset
- Experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Experience related to Consumer and/or Customer Experience Research considered an asset
- Experience leveraging Microsoft 365 Marketing and Voice of Customer considered an asset
- Experience with working on a Consumer Insights Panel is considered an asset
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
- Required Travel: Rarely within the GTA
- Application Deadline: June 20, 2022, at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.