At Canopy Growth, our mission is clear: improve lives, end cannabis prohibition, and strengthen communities. We believe that cannabis can be a force for good. We’re building a consumer-centric organization that is focused on sharing the transformational potential of cannabis with the world. We will achieve this through an innovative and disruptive portfolio of cannabis and hemp-derived products.
With millions of square feet of licensed production capacity and operations spanning four continents, Canopy Growth is the world's leading cannabis and hemp company. We recognize that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity.
Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth. If you are interested in building global challenger brands, scaling a business, and working in a values-driven environment, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Security and Crisis Operations, the Travel and Executive Security Manager will be responsible for the execution of the corporate personnel security programs. This encompasses the security of travelling employees and the holistic security of CGC Senior Executives, including implementing and maintaining the Executive Residential Security Program.
This security professional will maintain awareness of global security issues with specific attention to locations that house (permanently or temporarily) Canopy Growth facilities and/or staff. The Travel and Executive Security Manager will work intimately with Canopy Growth’s external partners (Global Travel Assistance Company, Travel Management Company and appropriate global intelligence providers). The selected candidate will also coordinate closely with internal stakeholders such as Human Resources, Legal and the executive suite. As part of Canopy’s Corporate Security Team, the Travel and Executive Security Manager will assist the National Security Managers with training and education of employees to improve their awareness of threats and best practices to deal with them. The Travel and Executive Security Manager will also assist the Head of Crisis Operations in crisis management situations. This position demands a high level of maturity, tact and interpersonal skills in order to deal with foreign security personnel, government officials and senior company executives.
- Be responsible for the safety and security of senior executives, traveling employees and other individuals as designated by the Head of Corporate Security
- Act as the main point of contact for senior executives’ security at home and abroad
- Conduct and/or facilitate Executive Protection for Canopy executives worldwide
- Implement and maintain the Executive Residential Security Program
- Act as Canopy Growth’s primary point of contact for our Travel Assistance Company and Travel Management Company (with respect to safety and security issues)
- Establish, maintain and monitor global intelligence networks to stay abreast of security issues that may affect Canopy Growth’s equities (employee travel and crisis operations)
- Research and coordinate security services to facilitate the safe travel and temporary working environments for Canopy employees globally
- Make informed security recommendations, up to and including postponing/cancelling employee travel, to Canopy Growth management
- Advise travelers on destination-specific security measures
- Continually re-assess contracted security and travel services to ensure best value and return on investment
- Develop and conduct training and education for Canopy Executives and employees for travel and personal safety and security
- Create, maintain and reconcile the Travel and Personnel Security budget
- Assist with planning and coordination of Canopy Growth Executive meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 15 years’ experience in global personnel safety and security
- Proven ability to make tactful security recommendations to Senior Executives
- Proven ability to synthesize multiple information feeds and apply company risk tolerance levels to arrive at sound recommendations
- Establishing bespoke personnel security procedures for foreign travel and work
- Managing (including hiring and contracting) security staff in foreign countries
- Planning and conducting Executive Protection in medium-risk environments
- Successful experience in a crisis management role
- Exercising complete discretion
- Formal training/education for informed, time-sensitive decision making
- Experience in security leadership and personnel management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime and flexible hours including weekends as required
- Advanced first aid and/or trauma medical experience an asset
### Other Details
This is a full-time remote position with national and international travel required.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.