Aurora is a global leader in the cannabis industry serving both the medical and consumer markets. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, Aurora is a pioneer in global cannabis dedicated to helping people improve their lives. The Company's brand portfolio includes Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael '71, Daily Special, AltaVie, MedReleaf, CanniMed, Whistler, and Reliva CBD. Providing customers with innovative, high-quality cannabis products, Aurora's brands continue to break through as industry leaders in the medical, performance, wellness and recreational markets wherever they are launched.
The Manager, Operational Excellence is responsible for supporting the development of an operational excellence program with the objectives to deliver $15 Million in annual savings within the program’s first year. Through the establishment of a Continuous improvement culture that is focused on waste elimination, process optimization, capability building and the relentless engagement of team members to take accountability for improvements and the sustainability of the program.
- Support the development of an OpEx through the implementation of KPIs, scorecards measuring and tracking progress towards goals and reporting of results. Execution of the consistent delivery of the program across multiple sites
- Identify OpEx tools to be implemented that best fit the objectives and opportunities at each site or group to meet program goals
- Design and execute time studies, prepare documentation, write and update SOPs, collaborate with area leaders to establish KPIs and standards to measure performance
- Train, coach, and mentor team members at all levels of the organization on the tools and methods to ensure the sustainability of the program.
- Facilitate collaboration and information sharing across the organization
- Proactively identify and mitigate roadblocks, escalate issue as required
- Design and facilitate mini transformations, Kaizens, training, and collaboration workshops
- Work with a variety of data sources, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and high level of attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
- Reporting to the Director of Operational Excellence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills, and ability to navigate across the organization
- Ability to engage and excite diverse teams to identify common goals, drive consensus and manage conflict
- Exceptional change management skills adopting and implementing tools and programs
- Ability to think strategically, work independently, problem solve and make quick decisions
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations, owns mistakes learns from them
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 3-5 years of experience leading in a Manufacturing environment (preferably CPG, Pharma)
- Experience participating in an operational excellence program (lean/six sigma) in a Manufacturing environment is an asset
- Black Belt an asset
- Project management experience an asset
- University Degree is an Engineering, Science or Finance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint), proficient in data visualization software (Tableau, Minitab, JMP)
As a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.
Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. At Aurora, we are committed to do business inclusively and accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Social Media, Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Healthcare, Engineering, Marketing, Management