Manager, Medical Education
Job location: Anywhere in Canada (Ontario location preferred as some travel may be required)
Employment type: 12-month contract (remote or hybrid work setting)
Division: Medical Sales
Hours: 40 hours / week, Monday to Friday
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
You’re a natural educator driven by your passion to help people improve their lives with medical cannabis. You thrive in an environment where you can build relationships, teach people about our industry, and cultivate your passion for cannabis. You have in-depth knowledge of the Canadian Healthcare System and have experience building partnerships with healthcare professionals – and this is why we have the perfect role for you!
We're searching for an ambitious professional to join our team as a Manager of Medical Education. In this role, you will leverage your expertise in the industry to teach others about medical cannabis. You will support medical cannabis education programs by providing leadership, knowledge, and support to all levels of the organization and the community to improve our strategies, and here’s how you’ll do it…
As the Manager, Medical Education you will…
- Support full cycle medical cannabis education initiatives, including providing education and information to healthcare professionals and managing clinic contracts, to increase sales and advance the cannabis clinic strategy
- Coordinate national conferences to promote services by overseeing budgets, organizing speakers, managing marketing materials, and tracking attendance
- Assist all levels of the organization with ongoing program services for healthcare providers, third party payers and patients by overseeing virtual cannabis education platforms, Health Canada reporting and network communications
- Provide comprehensive care coordination (i.e., product education or disease management) for veterans and patients with third party benefit plans to ensure exceptional services and access to Aurora medical cannabis products
- Elevate our clinic partnerships and initiatives by preparing clinic contracts and agreements, reviewing partnership requests, providing updates to teams, and coordinating monthly reports
You’re on brand if you have…
- 5 years of biotechnology, life science or pharmaceutical experience with physicians, clinics, pharmacy, key account, and market access
- Post-secondary education in related field such as Business Administration or Nursing (BSc/BA preferred however, an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered)
- Exceptional knowledge of medicine and Canadian Healthcare System with the ability to travel throughout Canada (Ontario specifically) to promote medical education programs and host presentations when required
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- A natural educator driven by your passion to impart cannabis knowledge onto others and improve their days with medical cannabis
- A strong collaborator with exceptional communication skills who is energized when building relationships and presenting in front of an audience
- An organized professional who thrives with ambiguity and has a natural talent for meeting deadlines and getting things done
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! With flexible working hours to meeting free Friday afternoons to remote working options, you will be empowered to achieve work-life balance in all that you do.
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, company SWAG, team activities, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we!
Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? That’s okay! Visit our careers page to find the perfect opportunity for you or share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think would be a great fit (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this posting to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know! We are here to help.
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.