MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Job location: Anywhere in Canada
Employment type: full-time permanent employment in a remote setting
Division: Business Development
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you a self-starter with a passion for the Cannabis industry? Do you have experience in business development or sales? Do you thrive in a flexible environment and enjoy working remotely? – If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We’re searching for a talented professional to join our team as a Manager, Business Development. In this role, you will lead and enable the growth of our Business-to-Business team through exceptional delivery of operational and business development tasks. You will report to the Director, Business Development and be a key contributor to the execution of new revenue streams and gain exposure to many areas of our business. Sound exciting? Here is a little more…
As the Manager, Business Development your portfolio will be…
Business Development (Sales & Purchases) – 50%:
- Establish and grow relationships with new and existing Partner Licenced Producers for B2B sales and purchasing activities
- Manage strategic business deals from initial contact to supply agreement contract execution and support B2B Partner LPs to grow and scale their business by providing quality cannabis products and win-win solutions
- Participate in relationship-building opportunities, including conferences and other offsite events, and strategically identify revenue accretive B2B opportunities for Aurora
- Lead contract negotiations and work closely with Legal, Regulatory, Quality Assurance and Operations to ensure customer compliance and satisfaction
- Act as a subject-matter-expert for Aurora’s core B2B services including contract grow, recurring contractual bulk sales, white-label, and contract manufacturing
- Develop relationships with Craft cannabis suppliers and stay well-informed on their cultivation pipeline and collaborate with Aurora’s Medical team to support external purchases for the Medical Marketplace
- Collaborate with Aurora’s Genetics team to identify leads and cross-selling opportunities with new and existing Partner LPs
- Follow a structured process for external engagements including NDA facilitation and ensure B2B Partner LPs provide valid Health Canada and CRA licencing documentation
S&OP Coordination and Product Commercialization – 25%:
- Own the B2B sales and operations plan, inventory tracking, customer allocations, and release schedules and product commercialization for all B2B products from Order to Delivery
- Collaborate and manage relations with Facilities, Finance, Logistics, Operations, Procurement, QA, S&OP, Sales, other internal stakeholders, suppliers, and customers and ensure cross-functional team deliverables are ready on time
- Collect and own all customer product specifications, facilitate the competition of new product approval forms and request, and coordinate all sales orders, purchase orders and invoices for B2B activities in close collaboration with Procurement
- Coordinate the collection of all required Quality Assurance documentation for sales and purchases and work with Aurora’s Logistics and Transportation team to secure freight quotes, deliveries, and customer pick-ups
- Manage white-label customer requirements including coordination with Provincial buyers
CRM & Customer Marketing – 15%:
- Distribute targeted B2B opportunities and monthly sell sheets to our Partner LPs, on the foundation of understanding their business and strategy
- Manage and keep Aurora’s B2B customer relationship management tool current and facilitate new customer setup and compliance
- Perform market research and data analysis to better understand product categories, competition, trends, and opportunities
- Create weekly reports and allocation files for white label customers
Process Improvement – 10%:
- Enable, simplify, and support the standardization of business development operations across multiple B2B services
As an experienced professional, you will have…
- 8-10 years of professional experience in a customer facing role ideally in a CPG or pharmaceutical environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the cannabis industry (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Advanced knowledge of computer software applications including smartsheet, and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint)
It would be an asset if you have…
- Prior business development, sales, or project management experience and are fluent in multiple languages
You’re the ideal candidate because…
- You are an effective communicator who listens before reacting and can convey complex information in simple formats
- You are an agile professional who can adapt quickly and maintain a high degree of accuracy while working under pressure
- You are a self-starter with sound judgement who strives to exceed expectations, improve processes, and challenge the status quo
- You are a strategic leader who acts with integrity and courage to build relationships, influence others, and foster an inclusive space
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, vacation time, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we! Apply today by submitting your resume along with salary expectations through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways! We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity!
Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.