Learning and Development Specialist
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect, and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
Reporting into the Learning and Development Business Partner, as the Learning and Development Specialist, you will utilize your 3+ years experience to support the design and development of Training and Educational programs. You will analyze learning needs to determine effective learning solutions that address knowledge gaps and use your expertise to design and create learning experiences. You will develop learning content utilizing best practices and adult learning methodologies.
As L&D Specialist, you will create e-learning content using applicable software to supplement in-class learning and promote a blended learning environment. In this role, you will use your design mindset and agile attitude to develop compelling training materials to support business strategies within an emerging industry. Additionally, you will maintain the Learning Management System (LMS) ensuring content accuracy. You will also be responsible for tracking and reporting course compliance.
About Your Day:
- Utilize your expertise in instructional design to develop engaging content
- Collaborate with team members to develop learning objectives, performance outcomes and educational supports.
- Create design documents to facilitate and aid in the development of learning content (i.e. Job Aids, Demo Videos, etc.)
- Administer the LMS
- Effectively communicate and collaborate organization wide
- Assist with training delivery as needed
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in instructional design and development of training programs for wide-ranging audiences in varied formats
- Certification in Adult Learning and Development would be an asset
- Understanding of and demonstrated experience in administering a Learning Management System
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, Camtasia and Adobe Creative Suite would be a strong asset.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask and manage conflicting priorities with a high level of attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract Full Time – 6 Months
Required Travel: Rare, within GTA
Application Deadline: Wednesday May 4, 2022 at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.