As the leading cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), AYR Wellness is on a journey to be a force for good; and it all starts with our belief in the power and potential of the plant.
We believe in creating an environment in which we can all flourish, one where every individual can find their genius and pursue their passion, because it’s this dedication to creating a culture of excellence, one where we’re all empowered to achieve our dreams, that will propel us forward. We’re a company that puts our people first. A place where talent is rewarded, diversity is celebrated, and innovative thinking is championed and we believe that together we can build a better and brighter future for ourselves, our industry, and our world.
Join us as we create wonder together.
The IT Technician will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks related to IT. The IT Technician will provide quality technical support to all departments and locations across the organization, ensuring all cases are addressed in a timely manner. Reporting to the IT Manager, this position affords the opportunity to join America’s fastest-growing job sector. This position will travel between our NJ Dispensaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user hardware, network infrastructure, printing/scanning devices, software, and other products.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and improve Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, and O365 environments.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues providing accurate and detailed documentation.
- Provide both in-person and remote technical support to dispensaries and production facilities, visiting each location in person at least once per week.
- Provide on-call technical support along with scheduled after-hours maintenance activities such as patching, updates, rollouts, etc.
- Monitor sites and resources and act on alarms in an efficient manner.
- Connect with the IT Manager to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Complete tickets assigned by the internal ticket managing system, elevating any issues to the IT Manager when necessary.
- Perform and participate in additional IT projects and priorities as needed.
- Coordinate with IT-related vendors and provide onsite support when required.
- Assist in fostering a positive work environment, treating everyone with dignity and respect while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- 3-5 years of desktop and server experience required
- Experience in the IT field. Experience supporting AzureAD environments.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Strong computer troubleshooting skills, knowledge of PC hardware and Windows-based software.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to cope with new and different problems.
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by the state of NJ.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain an NJ RMD Agent certification
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the NJ board.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Degree in IT or Computer Software preferred, but not required.
- Certifications are a plus.
- This role constantly uses standard equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, and servers.
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals, and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Must be able to work on weekends or alternate shifts.
- Travel to dispensaries/manufacturing facilities as well as locations outside of AYR’s network may be required.
- This position will travel between our NJ Dispensaries.