Summer Internship - IT Systems Administrator
Location: Leamington, ON or Toronto, ON or Windsor, ON
Full-time. Paid Internship
Duration: 15 weeks, May - August 2022
Tilray is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Infrastructure, the Intern Systems Administrator is responsible for the configuration, implementation, and continuous improvement of Tilray’s IT infrastructure. This is a hands-on role that directly contributes towards the day-to-day operational support of all global sites. This includes Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure Resources, Windows Server and services, as well as related third-party tools that comprise Tilray’s IT Infrastructure.
The Intern Systems Administrator is a key resource in moderate to large-sized projects, working along-side Network and Security Administrators to manage all the organization’s distributed systems and applications, in addition to ensuring the optimized performance, integrity, and security for all IT infrastructure elements.
As a candidate for this role, you are passionate about learning and implementing new technology and best practices with a heavy focus on Windows Server, Active Directory, and M365 environments. You take pride in planning and executing solutions to meet the technical challenges and requirements of the Organization. You are a self-starter but enjoy collaborating within a communicative and enthusiastic technical team. Applicants should have a career interest in managing Windows-based Networks and Servers. There will not be programming opportunities associated with this position.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design, deployment and support of SaaS and IaaS solutions in both a public and private cloud platform such as Azure and AWS.
- Documentation of systems configuration, processes, change management, and validation of 3rd-party vendor proposals, tables, and diagrams.
- Build, manage, and support system services including: Active Directory, Exchange Online, SharePoint, MS Teams, Teams Calling, MDM, VMWare, Azure-hosted resources, and other industry standard tools.
- Escalation support of all corporate software and hardware: Windows workstations, laptops and tablets, Apple MacBook, iPhones, iPads, Android devices, MFCs, and printers.
- Implement and maintain endpoint device, software, and user configurations via Group Policy and 3rd party tools.
- Monitor PRTG alerts of infrastructure assets to ensure optimal uptime and performance.
- Identify, triage, and resolve technical issues, determining root causes, and escalating where applicable in accordance with company SLA targets.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure infrastructure integrity, InfoSec priorities, and ongoing performance metrics.
- Determine backup and recovery strategies for all data stored on the enterprise network.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software, applications, and infrastructure, with business justification proposals.
- Available as an on-call resource after hours.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2nd year or beyond in University or Technical College studying fields related to Computer Networks or Server Management.
- Experience with M365 including Azure AD, AD Connect Sync, Azure Resources, Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams, Security and Compliance, and Intune.
- Relevant Microsoft M365/Azure certifications would be an asset.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016/2019, Active Directory, Group Policy, and PowerShell.
- Proven strong ability to write concise, detailed technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes, including detailed network diagrams, system processes, and maintaining accurate records of system configurations and inventory.
- Effective time management, task prioritization, and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a highly analytical aptitude
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or on-boarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.