The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are recruiting for an IT Senior Manager, Project Management to lead all digital transformation projects and initiatives across the business to ensure that goals, plans, initiatives are executed and delivered according to plan. The IT Senior Manager, Project Management will ensure that all projects are completed according to governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
As an IT Senior Manager, Project Management, you will use your strong leadership skills coupled with your technical knowledge and project management experience to manage and guide a team of project managers in delivering digital transformation projects seamlessly. In this role, you will collaborate across the business to ensure a successful on-time delivery of OCS projects.
About Your Day
- Manage all aspects of project lifecycle from project discovery to closure
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholder groups across the business, technology, and vendors
- Identify and lead efforts to remedy risks and issues, establishing effective paths to resolution
- Responsible and accountable for execution, implementation, delivery and success of all projects
- Partner with program managers to implement multiple projects simultaneously involving internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with product managers to collect the needs and requirements from the business
- Understand business needs, document / map existing conditions, identify stakeholder/technology data requirements, propose solutions, execute assigned tasks and support cross-functional teams in ensuring project success
- Develop and execute change management plans to ensure successful deployment of projects and engage with stakeholders to track status/issues.
- Build out integrated project plans and drive delivery of tasks with different project teams
- Remove program obstacles and ensure items are actioned appropriately and in a timely manner
- Collaborating with business partners to build strong relationships
- Track metrics, performance and improvements while working towards project deadlines
- Assess business impact, influence project timelines, and drive accountability in a fast-paced environment strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Communicate status and issues in a concise, accurate, and professional manner that is mindful of an executive audience for consumption
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Business, Computer Science or related area of study OR equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- PMP designation is an asset
- 7+ years’ experience in IT Project Management experience, preferably in retail or regulated industries (banking, telecom, public sector) with 3+ years managing project teams
- Experience in working with and leading teams operating in Waterfall (SDLC) and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) as well as tools (ex. JIRA & Confluence)
- Experience managing an organization of program or product managers, including building & growing the team
- Strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level understanding of scalable distributed systems and cloud-based technologies
- Experience with web services and service-oriented architectures in a complex enterprise environment
- Very organized, able to multi- task, and handle multiple projects/initiatives with tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project as well as any other project management tools
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day per week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance)
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
- Required Travel: Rare, usually within GTA
- Application Deadline: August 11, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.