Summer Internship - IT Security Analyst
Location: Leamington, ON
Full-time. Paid Internship
Duration: 15 weeks, May - August 2022
Tilray is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
The Security Analyst Intern is responsible for maintaining security toolsets, documentation, and planning efforts, in order to protect the organization’s networks and systems from cyber threats, globally.
- Work closely with the Information Security team to ensure that appropriate security guidance is provided to support project delivery
- Assist with design and implementation of standards, policies, guidelines, and appropriate architectural principles to ensure the company’s cyber security goals continue to be met
- Assist in the design, technical writing, testing, and maintenance of Tilray’s Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, and other planning efforts
- Analyze technical configurations of systems, networks, and applications
- Assist with penetration testing activities to identify security weaknesses within Tilray's technology environments
- Support a culture of in-depth understanding as to why security testing is required at both business and internal team level
Analysis of information protection technologies and processes to identify technology security weaknesses
Assist security team during security incidents and investigations.
Assist with maintaining key technology security platforms (SIEM, DLP, AV etc)
Provide continuous improvement to the Technology Security function
Collaborate with IT Operations to develop and maintain secure technology solutions
Work closely with Legal and the business to help review IT specific contractual information
- Key knowledge and understanding of Information Security Framework and Domains.
- Working knowledge with security technologies, such as: endpoint, firewalls, protocols, routing, and architecture
- Systems administration skills, specifically with Windows and Linux systems, Active Directory
- Good knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities related to platform and infrastructure
- Outstanding communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to build and earn trust of co-workers and be a key team player
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or on-boarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the
sending address exactly.