The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to join our Information Technology team. The QA Analyst will be responsible for Database and Power BI initiatives. As QA Analyst, you will work closely with product owners and development teams to create test plans, test scenarios and test cases to cover all OCS business requirements. You will execute test cases, document test results and provide regular status updates and issues to project team members. You will use your strong QA experience to ensure high quality throughout the development and release process. This is an exciting opportunity to your collaborative communication style, excellent software skills and your in-depth experience of QA testing to ensure client satisfaction within QA.
About Your Day
- Analyze Business Requirements, User Stories, Functional and Technical Specifications
- Create Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to define overall scope of Database and Power BI Testing
- Develop Test Cases for field level validations and End-To-End scenarios to cover the entire flow of data from UI to Back end
- Maintain Test Traceability Matrix in JIRA by linking the test cases to appropriate User Stories and Defects
- Build efficient SQL Queries which can help reduce the complexity and effort of query creation
- Execute regression, functionality, system, front-end, back-end, negative and positive tests
- Document test execution results and conduct peer-review
- Report defects or issues to project team and push for resolution
- Collaborate with onshore and offshore counterparts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of IT experience in Functional, ETL, API, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence testing with 4+ Years of experience in Power BI (Power BI Desktop, Power Query, DAX, Power BI Service) reports testing
- 2+ Years of experience in database testing such as MS SQL Server and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with postman tool for API Testing (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE) is an asset
- Experience with Functional, System, Regression, Back-end, Integration and User Acceptance Testing
- Hands on experience with Agile tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Hands on experience with POSTMAN is an asset
- Sound Knowledge in Data Warehousing Concepts and functional domain experience in Retail and e-Commerce is an asset
- Experience with creating calculated measures and columns with MS Dynamics 365 FO is an asset
- Experience with creating Power BI Filters, hierarchies, formatting, sorting and grouping is an asset
- Experience with Extracting, Transforming and Loading data from multiple sources to Power BI Application and implementing data security
- Experience with Data Modeling and Data Gateways
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. When the office reopens, you will be required to be in the office 1-2 days each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams).
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract for One Year
Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
Application Deadline: April 6, 2022 11:59 PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.