The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the provincial online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the exclusive provincial wholesaler to authorized private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are recruiting for an IT Project Manager to join our Information Technology Team. The IT Project Manager oversees the delivery of projects as they pertain to the Commercial pillar of OCS. Leveraging strong technical knowledge and project management experience, the IT Project Manager (PM) drives and influences the delivery of these projects that span multiple cross-functional teams. The PM is fluent in working with development teams, and have a thorough understanding of e-commerce, wholesale, merchandising, and marketing. The IT Project Manager owns the obstacles and challenges that come with complex delivery by adding structure and leadership and plays a crucial part in ensuring the OCS delivers a first-class digital experience from an e-commerce, wholesale, and operational perspective.
About Your Day
- Oversee cross-functional delivery of projects covering a range of teams and systems
- Working alongside product managers that will help you to collect the needs and requirements from the business
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholder groups across the business, technology, and vendors
- Identify and lead efforts to remedy risks and issues, establishing effective paths to resolution
- Develop and execute change management plans to ensure successful deployment of projects and engage with stakeholders to track status/issues.
- Build out integrated project plans and drive delivery of tasks with different project teams
- Remove program obstacles and ensure items are actioned appropriately and in a timely manner
- Assess business impact, influence project timelines, and drive accountability in a fast-paced environment strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Communicate status and issues in a concise, accurate, and professional manner that is mindful of an executive audience for consumption
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in Business, Computer Science or related area of study OR equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education
- 5+ years’ experience in software program management, preferably in retail or regulated industries (banking, telecom, public sector
- Experience in working with teams operating in Waterfall (SDLC) and Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) as well as tools (ex. JIRA & Confluence)
- Experience managing an organization of program or product managers, including building & growing the team
- You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High-level understanding of scalable distributed systems and cloud-based technologies
- Experience with web services and service-oriented architectures in a complex enterprise environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project as well as any other project management tools
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office a minimum of 1 day per week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
- City: Toronto, ON
- Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Required Travel: Rare, usually with the GTA
- Application Deadline: May 27, 2022 at 11:59PM
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.