The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect, and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (D365F&O) Developer that works closely with internal business partners to provide effective resolution for technical issues within Microsoft Dynamics. The D365F&O Developer analyzes, develops, implements, and supports activities related to D365F&O in order to automate processes to meet the needs of the business. Additionally, the Developer maintains close cooperation with client teams and follows up on business requirements as needed.
About Your Day
- Design, code, test D365F&O application modules, extensions or related applications according to the technical specification
- Perform debugging and testing of D365F&O code
- Review, identify and make improvements to the existing application systems that meet the needs of the various business units
- Review technical architecture deliverables throughout development for quality and requirements traceability
- Resolve technical issues promptly in production and lower environments through proper SDLC
- Provide reliable estimates for proposed solutions
- Configure entities, forms, and reports in D365F&O based on user requirements
- Document technical specifications based on conceptual designs and business requirements
- Maintain build and release management, in alignment with SDLC.
- Advise the business on new technologies and products for implementation of enterprise IT solutions while utilizing D365F&O
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and bugs as new solutions are deployed
- Ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards by participation in quality management reviews
- Completed Post-Secondary education in computer science, IT or related areas OR equivalent combination of experience and completed post-secondary education
- Certified in AX 2012 or D365F&O
- 3+ years of experience with MS Dynamics AX 2012 or D365F&O and Unified Interface
- Strong proficiency in .NET, C++, and C#
- Practical experience with Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS)
- Knowledge of functional capabilities of Warehouse & Logistics, Production, Inventory, Management, Costing and Retail
- Hands on D365 development experience with full life-cycle implementation experience
- Deep knowledge of D365F&O and related technologies, including: Azure, Azure SQL, Azure Functions, Dataverse, Logic Apps, Power Bi, and Power Platform.
- Knowledge in gathering technical requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with strong attention to detail
- This position offers a Hybrid work schedule. You will be required to be in the office 1 day each week, with the ability to work from home for the remaining workdays (subject to specific business needs requiring office attendance).
- When working from home, a reliable internet connection is required. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications and collaboration tools (i.e., MS Teams)
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Required Travel: Rare, usually within the GTA
Application Deadline: April 13, 2022
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation, please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.