Business Analyst - Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
About Tilray Brands Inc.
Tilray Brands is a leading global cannabis-lifestyle and consumer packaged goods company with operations in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Latin America that is changing people's lives for the better – one person at a time – by inspiring and empowering the worldwide community to live their very best life by providing them with products that meet the needs of their mind, body, and soul and invoke a sense of wellbeing. Tilray’s mission is to be the trusted partner for its patients and consumers by providing them with a cultivated experience and health and wellbeing through high-quality, differentiated brands and innovative products. A pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, and distribution, Tilray’s unprecedented production platform supports over 20 brands in over 20 countries, including comprehensive cannabis offerings, hemp-based foods, and alcoholic beverages.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
The Business Analyst develops solutions to business and technology-related problems. This includes analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve system capabilities. The posting is intended for someone to support the implementation of an ERP (RootStock/Acumatica) based on best practices that have already been developed by Tilray. The role would expand to continual business improvement of the system and other applications that are required by the business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identify project requirements by interfacing with Operations Management team; analyze operations; determining project scope; document results
- Document process flows; create procedure manuals for the functions performed
- Facilitate technical meetings to define solutions, functional specifications, implementation plans, effort, identify resources and schedule activities
- Contribute to the development of methods to improve business processes, reduce risks, increase controls and/or increase customer satisfaction
- Develop solutions; work-flowchart and diagrams; study system capabilities; analyze alternative solutions; preparing system specifications
- Develop project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs ERP system roll-out; support and development
- Develop and maintain systems by researching and resolving problems; working closely with IT and finance teams to maintain system integrity and security
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
- Maintain issues log, release log, and decision/ approvals log
- Understand business unit workflows and how to use technology solution in support of that workflow
- All other requests that help with the process flow of the facility
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Must have post-secondary school degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Business Analyst within an IT environment
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a Business Analyst within an ERP
- Experience using Acumatica or RootStock software is an asset
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements and/ or process workforce
- Experience with project delivery framework, application development and/or program management experience
Tilray Brands welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High
Park, please send an email inquiry to \email@example.com