Irrigation Shift Lead
Job location: Pemberton, BC
Employment type: Full-time permanent employment onsite
Division: Operations (WMMC)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Wage: $25 per hour + benefits + annual bonus and more!
A little about us
Hi, we’re Aurora Cannabis, and we’re so excited to meet you!
We’re a global cannabis company driven by our passion to help people improve their lives. We have a diverse team who bring their best every day so Aurora can be the cannabis provider of choice for patients and consumers. We love our work, and we especially love our high quality, innovative brands that make up the Aurora family – from Aurora, Aurora Drift, San Rafael ’71 and Whistler.
Our people combined with our collective passion for the industry is what makes Aurora a special place to work and defines what we call our “A-Team”. We are a high-performing team of cannabis experts, innovators, and champions, that work, learn and win together. We think BIG, act BOLD and execute with PURPOSE in all that we do, and will stop at nothing to cultivate the ultimate cannabis experience for our community.
Are you looking for your next career opportunity? Do you have a strong work-ethic and a passion for cannabis? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our team is searching for a dynamic professional to join our Pemberton facility (WMMC) in the role of Irrigation Shift Lead! In this role, you will have the opportunity to jumpstart your career at Aurora by overseeing the irrigation and fertigation of our organically grown cannabis plants. Sound exciting? Here is a little more…
As the Irrigation Shift Lead, you will…
- Handle mixing and delivery of nutrients and amendments
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve problems in the irrigation field
- Perform thorough wet checks of irrigation system to ensure the working condition and coverage of all zones
- Inspect all controllers and adjust settings as needed according to water requirements of each zone
- Communicate effectively with other departments and team members to ensure smooth production process
- Manage all jobs and projects with the highest quality and support others with performing irrigation projects and installations
- Facilitate various activities such as tracking electrical components and troubleshooting, completing paperwork, caring for all company tools, maintaining inventory on service vehicle and updating inventory list
You would be the best fit for this role if you have…
- 3 years of relevant work experience in irrigation along with a High School Diploma (these credentials appear to match the candidate profile we are looking for but we’re ready to be convinced otherwise)
- Previous experience in Pharmaceutical or Natural Health Product manufacturing environments
- Strong knowledge of current codes with the ability to read irrigation blueprints (considered an asset)
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- The ultimate team player who thrives when collaborating with others but can also work independently to complete tasks
- A natural communicator who has a strong understanding of the English language equipped with excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- A self-motivated professional with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail who can meet strict deadlines and prioritize efficiently
Bonus points if you have…
- Basic agricultural, industrial automation or computer controls knowledge as well as industrial automation experience (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, compressed work weeks, vacation time and more.
Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive hourly wage (with shift premiums), stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with medical cannabis.
Think you have what it takes to join our team? So do we! Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by a human recruiter (not a robot) shortly after you apply, and our team will contact you via email if we see a fit.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity! Not the role for you? Share this posting with a friend or colleague that you think may be interested while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities through our Aurora Careers Page (hot tip: if you are already an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by referring this position to a friend! If they are successful, you will receive a bonus!)
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.