Inventory Control Associate - Leamington ON.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
The Inventory Control Associate is responsible for managing the flow of materials and supplies to various departments as well as tracking these materials and supplies in our ERP system. This role will monitor inventory levels, reconcile discrepancies and notify supervisor of any irregularities. Plan daily and weekly supplies for production (cultivation, packaging and shipping) and release inventory items accordingly. Directly or through manager, ensures achievement of company goals and objectives. This position participates fully in department initiatives. This position will work closely with the Inventory Control Manager..
Your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
- Maintain ERP system accuracy inclusive of location-to-location movements, adjustments, understand and verify transactions in ERP database
- Responsible for the timely movement of material facility wide
- Pick, allocate and stage inventory (raw material, dry goods, cultivation, bulk cannabis, and WIP/FG product) for various production areas
- Prepare outbound shipments related to vendors/production and intercompany transfers
- Unload pallets from trucks using a forklift to break down, tag and store in designated warehouse locations
- Inspect shipments for accuracy, completeness, and inconsistencies
- Be able to manage warehouse space to accommodate incoming and outgoing inventory shipments
- Receive products into inventory and troubleshoot receiving discrepancies
- Complete daily cycle counts and assist with inventory investigations/reconciliations
- Maintain cleanliness and functionality of all workspaces
- Respond to ad-hoc requests and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Support production teams as required
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- Post-Secondary School diploma an asset (Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Statistics)
- Previous experience operating counterbalance, stand-up reach forklifts and electric pallet jacks considered an asset
- Previous experience utilizing MRP/ERP systems considered and asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Additional training in project coordination, shipping and customs regulations would be beneficial
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Able to lift, push, pull and carry up 50lbs
For any internal applicants, we ask that you bring a hard copy of your resume with a supporting cover letter to the Human Resources Office, send a direct email to our Talent Acquisition Specialist or apply online at https://www.tilray.com/careers
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Tilray is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.